Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Answers and routes all incoming phone lines not routed through phone tree.
- Completes all medical record requests from patients, providers, attorneys, L&I, SSA.
- Prepares invoices for all outgoing medical records charges.
- Receives and process payments for medical records
- Releases medical information to persons or agencies according to regulations and guidelines via paper or electronic requests; compiling records onto CD or by paper.
- Expedites medical record downloads and all office faxes
- Responsible for reviewing unsorted EMR records and moving to appropriate buckets.
- Provides clinic information to both internal and external callers.
- Is responsible for checking the medical records voice mails and responding or routing appropriately.
- Manages postal equipment.
- Assists in shipment of packages.
- Maintains current phone and address lists for business partners.
- Participates in educational activities and attends staff meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service to our patients.
- Conducts self in accordance with current NWOS employee handbook and policies and procedures.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrates respect for feelings of others and is polite on the job.
- Uses personal time on duty (meals, breaks) in accordance with personnel policy.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, Microsoft Office, EMR software, modern office equipment including fax machines, copiers, scanners, document management software, Electronic Medical Record.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills; provides professional, positive customer service to all patients and works well with other staff.
- Organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- High School or better
Click Here To Apply