Fitzsimmons Home Medical is a local, independently owned durable medical equipment provider offering a full range of medical equipment for the homecare patient to aid in a better quality of living is seeking a Medical Equipment Delivery Technician to join our Bensenville, IL team!
Shift: Full-time Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm or (3) 12 hours shifts with mandatory paid night service and weekend on-call rotations.
Competitive pay, commissions, and quarterly bonuses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the loading, delivery, set-up, and pick up of durable medical equipment, supplemental oxygen products, and supplies to home care patients.
- Performs simple company vehicle maintenance; cleaning interior of vehicle, checking lights, checking tires, filling fluids, scheduling routine maintenance to keep vehicle running properly.
- Observes all traffic laws and posted speed limits.
- Delivers goods to clients.
- Interacts with the customer in a professional manner.
- Collects required signatures for payment, proof of delivery, and gives a receipt to customer.
- Returns all required documentation to appropriate company official.
- Observes no smoking in delivery vehicle.
- Maintains a neat, clean personal appearance.
- Must get all pertinent information if involved in an accident and inform appropriate company official.
- Unloads vehicle after completing delivery runs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 2 years of similar experience in delivery driving setting, medical equipment experience preferred, not required.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with home medical equipment preferred.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 80 lbs.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and medical certificate at all times.
- Company Insurance regulations require drivers be age 21 or older as well as a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- All driver technicians are expected to maintain an acceptable driving record. Drivers convicted of moving traffic violations jeopardize their livelihood and the company’s safety standards.
- Possibility of on-call rotation assistance as assigned.
- Full Time with Competitive Salary and Quarterly Bonuses
- PTO Time and paid Holidays
- Health Insurance with multiple HMO/PPO options
- HSA account options with Employer Contribution
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employer paid, life insurance & long-term disability
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer match
- Company provided van and mobile devices
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Year round work
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
As a 1A healthcare provider, Fitzsimmons has encouraged all staff to obtain a COVID-19 Vaccination. Fitzsimmons follows all Health Department, CDC and OSHA COVID-19 pandemic requirements that include PPE and mandatory mask use.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Delivery Driver: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply