We are an environmental laboratory looking for a part time, entry level technician in our microbiology division. Shift hours are typically Monday thru Friday 2:00 pm thru 8:00 pm.
· Assist in set up and maintenance of instrumentation and related laboratory equipment
· Prepare samples, standards, and reagents for Coliform Bacteria (P/A, Multiple Tube and Quantitray), Plate Count, Iron Bacteria, Color, Odor, Turbidity, Total Suspended Solids analysis according to method requirements and standard operating procedure
· Assist in data entry
· Accurately maintain and record both electronic and hard copy data
· Meet regulatory and project specific quality control and turn-around times
· Must read, interpret, and communicate test data.
· Ensure adherence to EPA and Standard Methods guidelines and test methods
· Assist in maintaining adequate testing supplies.
· Ensure that testing chemicals are used and handled in a safe manner.
· Ensure the lab in kept in a clean and orderly manner
· Clean and maintain work area.
· Responsible for all lab instruments and tools in his/her workstation.
· Maintain safe, clean and orderly workstation.
· Effectively communicate with technicians within microbiology and from other departments.
· Other duties as assigned
- Prior computer usage in a commercial/business setting.
- Attention to detail; ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to interact with clients and staff members in a professional manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; a post high school degree is a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Following current State requirements: masks are required while working at Clinical Laboratory.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply