New Bern, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Looking to make a difference?
Join RHA Health Services to assist in the preparation, cooking, service, and delivery of food for the people what we serve and support.
- Assists in preparation, service and delivery of food.
- Keeps equipment, storage areas, and kitchen clean and orderly.
- Does special cleaning, organizes storage areas and other related duties.
- Delivers food throughout the facility and auxiliary buildings as needed in a timely manner.
- Prepares and serves quality food in an appropriate, sanitary, and timely manner.
- Serves food according to diet order.
- Maintains a high level of sanitation in the dietary area.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Assessment system; Mealtime Assessment, Environmental Assessment; Interaction Assessment and Third Shift Assessment.
- Adheres to personal cleanliness, neatness, and conduct standards at all times.
- Is able to work independently.
- Prepares/Cooks food as needed in accordance with approved standards and nutritional guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or G.E.D.
- Some experience with food service and delivery preferred
Physical requirements to perform essential functions of the job included:
- Regular required to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Must be able to pull a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Must be able to squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb, and stoop.
- Must be able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Required to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in CPR from the floor level requiring to work on hands, knees, bending, standing and lifting.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
- Must be able to talk and hear
Benefits: RHA Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
In the entry-level role, we understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high-quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Click Here To Apply