Provides patient care based on the principles and practices of Practical Nursing that do not require the substantial specialized skill, judgment, and knowledge required of professional nursing. Must be able to start IVs. Responsible for leading clinical support team to ensure the delivery of excellent and optimal patient care.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct patient care to patients as instructed.
- Performs designated therapeutic procedures as directed.
- Accurately observes, records, and reports patient concerns, symptoms, reactions, and/or progress in a timely manner.
- Assists OMS providers with examinations and procedures as directed.
- Utilizes available supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Observes the condition or change in condition of patients, records signs and symptoms that deviate from normal health status findings and reports such findings to OMS providers.
- Participates in the development of a patient?s plan of care by providing data, contributing to the identification of priorities, and assisting in the identification of measures to maintain comfort and support human functions and responses.
- Assists in providing patient and family education and rehabilitation by reviewing patient needs as appropriate.
- Documents nursing interventions and responses to care, communicating to appropriate member of the health care team.
- Uses standards of care and standards of practice to guide care delivery.
- Accurately and safely administers intramuscular, subcutaneous, IV and oral medications as assigned.
- Accepts accountability for care provided by self and health care providers to whom care is delegated.
- Consults with OMS providers to seek guidance in delivery of care, as necessary.
- Obtains instruction and supervision as necessary from OMS providers when implementing nursing technique or practices.
- Maintains accurate records regarding various patient care, educational, and/or equipment related processes as needed.
- Participates in basic dental assisting tasks as needed and instructed such as seating patients, instrument set-up, sterilization, scheduling, etc.
- Establishes clinical team members work schedules
- Coordinates and oversees activities of the clinical team to ensure delivery of excellent and optimal patient care
- Enforces operational and personnel policy and procedures
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a standard outpatient clinical environment. Volume of patients is very high. Position is frequently exposed to bloodborne pathogens, bodily fluids, toxins, and chemicals. Analytical skills are required to triage patients and recommend therapy.
- Working with hands in water
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
- Current state licensure for registered nursing or licensure for registered nursing in another state with a temporary practice permit
- Obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) and IV Therapy Certifications within the first 90 days of employment
- Previous experience in a dental and/or oral surgery setting
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work requires strength and/or stamina, lifting, moving, stooping, reaching, positioning of patients, standing, walking, carrying of patients, materials, and equipment weighing 40+ pounds.
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality patient care
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, organizational, and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage patients with a wide variety of conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must maintain professionalism at all time
- Must maintain training/ continuing education requirements
- Ability to function in fast paced and/ or stressful work environment
Must adhere to company policies and procedures and safety guidelines
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply