JOB TITLE: Revenue Cycle Supervisor 1.0 FTE
OPEN DATE: 10/1/2021
CLOSE DATE: When Filled
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator
GENERAL FUNCTION: To control and implement effective billing operations for Salish Cancer Center, including all aspects of the revenue cycle and billing process. This includes time of service collections of copays and deductibles, coding of services, charge-adjustment-payment posting, accounts receivable, appeals process, aging collections, cash reconciliations, and reporting all the above on a regular basis to administration and the board, as needed. To work alongside administration on quality and performance national initiatives, payer contract procurement and negotiations, billing process development, billing and coding audits, clinical documentation, and national certification programs. To work collaboratively with other departments to obtain grant and foundation funding for patient assistance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Planning and oversight of transition to internal billing for the practice, working closely with all related parties to ensure a smooth transition and complete coverage of billing and coding practices.
- Works directly with Practice Administrator and Medical Director to complete development of billing and coding workflow, policy and procedure, billing and coding audit processes, and internal controls.
- Assessment of billing and coding related workloads to present necessary staffing changes to the Practice Administrator.
- Regularly reviews fee schedules and patient cash pay costs to align them to appropriate reimbursement for practice financial health.
- Performs coding and reimbursement duties associated with all clinical activity of the practice.
- Acts as a resource to providers regarding coding practices.
- Ensures accurate medical necessity documentation within clinical dictations.
- Audits all infusion billing for correct documentation, including waste, required for maximum reimbursement.
- Oversight and supervision of medical billing and coding and prior authorization staff.
- Communicates with and educates (until resolution) physicians and clinical staff regarding any documentation issues in a timely manner to correct errors or omissions in patient medical records.
- Advises staff and providers with up-to-date information regarding billing or coding requirements, payer changes, and reimbursement changes that will impact the practice.
- Runs, analyzes, and shares reports with administration and the providers on a regular basis to assess the overall health of the billing and coding of the practice.
- Creates, presents for approval, and implements new workflows to correct billing oversights or errors.
- Serves as a liaison and resource for the financial counselor, prior authorization staff, billers and coders, and patient intake team for eligibility and authorization related issues and questions.
- Works alongside the billers to address and appeal all denials until payment is received or appeals are no longer permitted.
- Work with intake staff, management, and patient financial counselor to address patient-facing concerns.
- Works with intake staff to collect all patient-owed balances, applying applicable write-off codes when appropriate and approved by Practice Administrator and Medical Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
Graduation from an accredited billing and coding program. Two (2) years of professional billing and coding experience in an outpatient Oncology practice required. Five (5) years of professional billing and coding experience required. Three (3) years of experience with patient account investigation and resolution required. Knowledge of and experience with MIPS and other value/performance based national initiatives preferred. Extensive knowledge of Oncology billing and coding, documentation requirements, payer-specific requirements, and J code billing preferred. Must either be certified in oncology, or eligible to be certified within six (6) months of hire. Experience with Centricity and OncoEMR preferred. Experience with electronic claims submission sites required. BLS certification preferred. Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health records/practice management systems required. One (1) year of lead or supervisory experience required.
BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance, 401(k), Vacation and Sick leave, paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Plan plus much more!
TO APPLY: A Salish employment application is required (resume optional). Applications can be found at www.salishcancercenter.com or the Human Resources Department. Completed applications must be received by the Human Resources Department by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Positions that are open until filled may close at any time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native preference according to law.
Completed Applications can be sent to:
Human Resources Department
3700 Pacific Highway E.
Fife, WA 98424
Due to the large number of applications that may be received, not everyone who applies for a vacant position will be interviewed. Only those interviewed will receive notification when the position is filled or closed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour
Click Here To Apply