Resident Assistant / Caregiver
Part Time – NOC Shift at Washington Center – 48 Hours
St. Joseph Residence is seeking caring, responsible, and qualified caregivers to join our assisted living teams at The Washington Center our 31 bed RCAC.
St. Joseph Residence is a not-for-profit corporation founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph, owned and operated by Catholic Health International. We are a continuing care campus offering an array of services and settings including independent apartments, CBRF, RCAC, and a skilled nursing facility. Compassionate care is delivered in a faith-based environment, emphasizing independence, respect, and dignity.
As a Resident Assistant you will be responsible for providing direct care services such as passing medication, bathing, dressing, grooming, housekeeping and laundry, and activities. It is essential to have time management skills, a positive attitude, to be flexible, and too want to work as part of a team.
Certified Nursing Assistant certification is helpful, however, we will provide training and obtain the necessary assisted living certification to applicants who possess the skills and necessary attributes we are looking for to join our team. This is a great opportunity for compassionate people who enjoy seniors that are either looking at changing careers or reentering the workforce.
Provide direct cares for residents personal and medical needs.
· Participate in customizing resident service plans.
· Monitoring residents for change of condition.
· Working with other staff utilizing a teamwork approach.
· Work in collaboration with nurses, family members, and other healthcare professionals.
· Responsible for timely and accurate passing of medication.
· Participates in performance improvement projects.
· Represent the St. Joseph Residence campus in a professional, customer service oriented manner.
· Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team.
· Previous experience in long term care or senior care preferred, but will train qualified applicants who possess the above mentioned skills.
· Must be punctual and have a good attendance history.
NOC Shift (11 p.m. – 7 a.m.): Part-time hours (48 hours per two week pay period)
Week 1: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
Week 2: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
Excellent starting wage, new RA with less than 1 year of experience but has all completed Standard Precautions, Fire Safety, First Aide and Choking and Medication Management will start at $15.00 for night shift. That wage may be higher based on proven years of experience working as a Resident Assistant.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Vaccine Requirements, Weekly Testing, Masks worn by all staff.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CBRF certificates (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply