JOB TITLE: Oncology Pharmacist (Part-Time, 0.5 FTE)
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator
OPEN DATE: September 25, 2021
CLOSE DATE: When Filled
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides quality patient care in relation to the patient’s oncologic diagnosis, prescribed treatment, age group, and other identified needs. Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to oncology patients to assure safe and effective drug therapy. Requires independent decision-making, clinical judgment, and in-depth knowledge of oncology and therapeutics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides optimal selection of pharmacologic agents, and design of a regimen to maximize therapeutics benefit and minimize toxicity. Provides daily follow-up on the clinical effects of the regimen with adjustments as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- On a daily basis, rounds in the clinic areas with direct patient care contact for visual assessment of physical and psychological signs of drug-related effects.
- Provides drug and clinical information to other healthcare professionals in response to specific questions relating to new evolving issues related to the care of patients.
- Provides drug and clinical information to other healthcare professionals in response to specific questions regarding new drugs, biologics, or technologies for specialized drug delivery. Provides a significant level of education to professionals and patients.
- Provides pharmacokinetics dosing and monitoring for all patients on drugs where therapeutics levels are reported.
- Assures that all drug storage and drug accountability is in compliance with applicable federal and state requirements.
- Monitors that drug refrigerators are maintained within acceptable temperature range for drug storage.
- Maintains research drug accountability logs.
- Mixes blinded study drugs, and research clinical trial drugs as needed.
- Dispenses oral research drugs and educates patients regarding trial regimens.
- Along with the nursing team, monitors serious adverse events (SAEs) of the clinical trial regimens.
- Responsible for the safe and appropriate storage of all research clinical trial drugs.
- Available to the clinical trial monitors during audits and visits.
- Serves as a resource to clinic staff for pharmacy issues and medication information.
- Responsible for the oral pharmacy duties for both research and non-research patients.
- Supports the e-scripting needs of the clinic.
- Provides educational in-services to staff.
- Participates on site initiation visits (SIVs) for new clinical trials.
- Oversees daily chemotherapy drug order by pharmacy technician and provides necessary coverage of this task as needed.
- Assures that the clinic and research pharmacy is managed in accordance will State Pharmacy Law.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE): Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy with PharmD. Degree or equivalent. BCOP Certification preferred (Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist). At least two (2) years’ experience as a pharmacist in an oncology setting.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50.00 – $65.00 per hour
Click Here To Apply