At 61st Street Service Corporation we are committed to providing our client with excellent customer service while maintaining a productive environment for all employees. The Service Corporation offers a competitive comprehensive Benefit package to eligible employees; including Healthcare and various other benefits including Paid Time off to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and we adhere to all requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws.
The Patient Access Specialist I provides support to the Columbia West Campus sphere that is part of a system wide access center managing large volumes of inquiries and requests from patients and customers for access/assistance in scheduling diagnostic services, physician referral/appointments, and general information on ColumbiaDoctors. The Patient Access Specialist I is a key role in our patient experience ecosystem and serves at the heart of the contact center acting as the front door to patient care.
- Greets patients in a tactful and courteous manner and acts as first point of contact for incoming customer inquiries. Escalates cases as appropriate.
- Helps patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions. Provides field-based services to clients, committed to removing the client s barriers to care by identifying critical resources for clients, helping navigate through health care service and systems, and promoting client health. Build working relationship, solve problems and support patients while they learn to self-navigate the health care system
- Schedules appointment requests. Utilizes existing tools to facilitate securing the right appointment with the right medical provider or team. Indicates special needs (e.g. special accommodation, interpreter, etc.)
- Performs real-time insurance verification and interprets responses. Obtain patients insurance and demographic information and ensure all obtained information is registered in EPIC. Communicates insurance participation, financial responsibility (if applicable) and time of service policy to patient population. Maintains knowledge of insurance requirements.
- Ensure that patients understand the arrival and check-in process, pre-appointment instructions and patient safety precautions and other relevant information. Emails specialty patient forms if needed.
- Helps identify and document trends using established protocol.
- Promotes patient portal usage and connects to registration resources when applicable.
- Collects pre-registration information to address outstanding Epic work queue accounts and performs outbound calls to perform Epic referral scheduling.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required.
- Patient scheduling and insurance verification experience in a medical background preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience including proficiency in medical terminology.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) or similar software is required and an ability and willingness to learn new systems and programs.
- Positive attitude, excellent customer service skills
Click Here To Apply