JOB TITLE: Patient Access Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator
OPEN DATE: 10/1/2021 CLOSE DATE: When Filled
Provide professional administrative support, scheduling, and coordination for Salish Cancer Center patients and community members. To ensure excellent customer service and patient experiences for all patients and prospective patients of Salish Cancer
Center through professional and warm interactions, timely responses to patient requests, and concerted efforts to be compassionate while providing high-quality care to all patients, caregivers, and visitors at Salish Cancer Center. To conduct thorough and comprehensive insurance benefit investigations and referral requests for patients of Salish Cancer Center to ensure appropriate billing and coding can take place and to ensure services have required authorizations. To communicate insurance coverage and benefits to patients of Salish Cancer Center to improve patient comprehension of potential bills and costs of services. Arrange for patient assistance including but not limited to transportation, interpreter services, community resources, and lodging.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets and welcomes all patients, visitors, and guests to Salish Cancer Center warmly, professionally, and in alignment with appropriate infection control procedures of Salish Cancer Center.
- Completes patient check in to include demographic information verification, copay, balance, and coinsurance collection, insurance and photo ID card scanning, scheduling updates, administration of required forms, and communication with back-office staff for patient routing through the clinic.
- Verifies coverage for patient office visits including medical oncology, naturopathic oncology, acupuncture, infusion, and lab benefits. Communicates and documents all changes to patient coverage in a timely manner to appropriate departments and within required electronic systems.
- Answer multi-line telephone calls and effectively route calls to appropriate departments and individuals involved in patient care.
- Accurately schedule patient appointments within the EHR, working with other team members to coordinate appropriate dates and times for care including office visits, lab draws, and chemotherapy.
- Schedules patient transportation and interpreter services as needed to ensure elimination of barriers to care whenever possible.
- Provide checkout to each patient leaving the clinic, both in-person and virtually, by reviewing orders
(radiology/lab/referral) for completeness and scheduling patient for follow-up visits as ordered by the provider.
- Monitor No-Show and Cancellations and provide same day follow up for rescheduling and alerting clinical staff to any hospitalizations or symptom concerns, routing calls with reported symptoms to the triage department.
- Communication to the patient population regarding eligibility, insurance benefits, and basic coverage questions.
- Back-up provider schedule blocking and templating within the EHR.
- Supplement sales, inventory, and payment reconciliation in collaboration with applicable departments.
- Completes front office insurance and scheduling tasks for new patient referrals.
- HIPAA compliant and thorough documentation of patient interactions and coordination of clinical communications as necessary.
- Secures all appropriate financial acknowledgements and waivers are signed and in place for the institution.
- Works with Revenue Cycle Staff to set up, document, and maintain patient payment plans to ensure timely collection of patient balances owed to Salish Cancer Center. Maintain effective organizational systems for daily cash, copay collection, and cash box audits.
- General administrative duties including mail sorting, filing, scanning, supply ordering, and other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a resource to management and other team members for updates and additions to front office policies and procedures to ensure a commitment to ongoing improvement for this department and its team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
High School Diploma or GED required. Experience with multi-line phone systems required. Experience with cash collection, payment posting, and payment reconciliation required. Knowledge and understanding of practical application of HIPAA compliance guidelines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and Outlook applications including Mail and
Calendar required. Three (3) years of medical reception experience in Outpatient Oncology strongly preferred. Comparable experience with a similarly challenging specialty may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Two years (2) of extensive experience with Washington State insurance companies including benefit eligibility and obtaining prior authorizations to include initial verification, confirmation of covered services, interpretation of benefit details and communications with patients about covered services is required. Suitable candidates will be highly organized, enjoy a fast-paced office setting, maintain professionalism with clients and coworkers, and will be highly punctual and accountable for their tasks. Experience with OncoEMR, G4/Unlimited Systems preferred. Candidates with strong insurance verification and authorizations experience will be given preference if above requirements are met.
TO APPLY: Please submit the following documents. Applications missing the required documents may be rejected. If accommodations are required for the application process, please contact Salish Cancer Center’s Human Resources Department via email or phone.
1. A Salish employment application completed and signed.
2. A cover letter detailing your interest in the position and acknowledging your specific experience to meet position requirements.
3. An updated, comprehensive resume to include current employment and identify any gaps in employment.
Applications can be found at www.salishcancercenter.com. Completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Due to COVID-19 precautions, applications should be mailed or submitted electronically via email. Mailed applications must be received by the office at 5:00 0.m. on the closing date to be considered for hire unless no suitable candidates are identified. Positions that are open until filled may close at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native preference according to law.
BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE: Employer-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance with no monthly employee premiums. Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance, 401(k), Generous Vacation and Sick leave, paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Plan plus much more!
Completed applications can be sent to:
Human Resources Department
3700 Pacific Hwy E, STE 100
Fife, WA 98424
Fax: (253) 875-5467
Phone: (253) 382-6306
Due to the large number of applications that may be received, not everyone who applies for a vacant position will be interviewed. Human Resources will do their best to notify applicants if their applications do not meet requirements for interview selection.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
PPE provided, thorough screening process in place.
Click Here To Apply