About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
To provide professional nursing care of patients utilizing the nursing process as a circulating nurse in the Operating Room. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality healthcare. Reports to the Charge Nurse.
* Clinical Role Model- Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
* Leadership- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shifts.
* Administrative- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit based on Nursing and Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
* Customer Service- Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer’s needs.
* Other duties as assigned
* Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
* Current BLS certification.
* Current ACLS certification upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into OR)
* Current PALS certification must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into OR
* Minimum College Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* BSN preferred;OR experience preferred.
* Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physicians’ orders.
* Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
* Knowledge of body substance isolation.
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.