The Pulmonary Medicine Department has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Navigator. The Nurse Navigator:
- Triages new patient appointments to the appropriate provider(s) and assures timely scheduling of initial appointments.
- Reviews outside medical records for appropriate scheduling.
- Assess barriers to care and refers to support services, local, and national organizations when needed.
- Educates on the treatment plan for patients based on diagnosis.
- Supports patients throughout the care continuum.
- Counsels individuals and patients on positive health practices.
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of experts to outline best treatment for patients.
- Performs holistic evaluation of specialty population, making use of enhanced proven techniques and procedures to achieve better results.
- Implements the improvement of patient care, and healthcare policies and resources.
- Mentors other healthcare professionals by functioning as a preceptor or coordinating preceptors for visiting professionals, students, new graduates, and orienteers.
- Maintains professional knowledge by affiliating with professional and technical organizations, and participating in applicable continuing education programs, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Manage and resolve clinical inquiries from patients (UChart or phone messages).
- In collaboration with attending physician and established protocols, order labs, initiate prescription
- refills and durable medical equipment orders.
- Prepare documentation from medical records to document medical necessity, acquire authorization
- for medications, procedures and infusions, and to support patient’s disability or FMLA requests.
- Initiate appeals on medication or treatment denials including peer-to-peer as necessary
- Answer calls from patients, vendors, payors, staff, and other healthcare professionals.
- Convey and educate patients on laboratory test results.
- Help to explain treatment recommendations to patients and caregivers and appropriately answer
- Provide clinical expertise and support for the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Required
Certification and Licensing:
Valid State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license, BLS certification required
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $71,000.00 – $106,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Acute care
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Nursing: 2 years (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply