Pariser Dermatology Specialists has been providing dermatology services to the Hampton Roads community for almost 75 years. Today, Pariser Dermatology Specialists has six locations across Hampton Roads and is one of the largest independent dermatology practices in the country.
Are you looking for a career and not just a job? We are currently hiring experienced Medical Assistants . We have an opening in our Norfolk office. The ideal candidates have prior dermatology experience. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to build a strong rapport with providers and patients.
- Clinical triage – making and taking calls to and from patients to answer questions, address concerns, communicate laboratory results
- Prepare rooms and trays
- Greet patients and accompany them to the examination room
- Triage patients to include taking vitals, documenting medical history information, medication list, allergies and reason for appointment.
- Assist the physician with treatment and procedures
- Provide patient with any required information such as post procedure and wound care instructions
- Cleaning and restocking examination rooms
- Previous experience in dermatology preferable
- Previous experience in the medical field is required
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal skills; friendly and engaging self-starter that works well in high pressure situations
- Ability to problem solve in a strong, confident manner
- Experience with electronic medical record systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
Pariser Dermatology is an EOE. We offer competitive pay and benefits.’
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- medical assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply