The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for assisting physician, PA or NP with clerical duties, patient flow, patient care and procedures.
Essential Job functions:
· Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room. Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
· Maintains efficient patient flow.
· Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
· Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
· Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
· Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
· Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
· Assists in ordering and maintaining of all supplies as assigned.
· Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
· Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
· Understands and performs within scope of practice.
· Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
· Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
· Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
· Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
· Appropriately enters orders and schedules appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS) and EHR.
· Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
· Appropriately adheres to universal safety precautions when administering medications and disposal of medical waste.
· Maintains proficiency with department specific equipment, troubleshoots and reports malfunctions promptly
· Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital
· Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
· All other duties as assigned
· Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
· Provide scribing services.
General Job functions:
· Other duties as assigned
Physical Job Requirements:
· Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
· Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers.
· Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
· Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
· Combative Patients / Visitors
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
· High School Graduate/GED / Equivalent Work or Vocational / Technical School / Diploma, required. Associate Degree’s preferred.
· 0-1 year related work experience, required. 2-4 years related work experience, preferred.
· Medical Assistant certification, required
· Basic Life Support (BLS) or within 30 days of hire, required
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, required
· Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required
· Basic proficiency in computer use, required
· Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required
· Travel to satellite locations as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply