About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians to deliver quality health care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population served: Triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care for all body systems, conditions, and diseases including but not limited to: coronary, pulmonary, neurological, skeletal-muscular, gastro intestinal, metabolic, gastro urinary/renal, gynecological, integumentary, etc.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
* Accompanies Level 1 Trauma patients transported to University Hospital in accordance with physician orders.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required
* BCLS Required
* ACLS and PALS certification required (Applicable to FSED)
* Those candidates with no recent ED experience or GNs will have 6 months after hire to complete ACLS and PALS education/certification
* TNCC required within 12 months of employment or transfer to the department
* Successful completion of triage training within one year of employment
* Diploma, ADN or BSN
* 1 Year ED Experience required (Applicable to FSED)
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* BSN preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse
* Acute care experience
* Pre-hospital experience
* Minimum 2 yrs. emergency department experience
* Medical surgical nursing experience
* Reads and writes Basic English with skills to interpret and execute physician orders required
* Ability to listen empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner needs