VISION & MISSION
The Iowa Primary Care Association’s (PCA’s) vision is Health Equity for All. Our mission is Enhancing community health centers’ capacity to care. All employees of the Iowa PCA are expected to represent the company vision and mission.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position provides users with data across the organization and the network of health centers, providing a unique blend of clinical, technical, and analytical expertise to improve clinical quality and health equity, reduce costs, fulfill grant requirements and improve operational efficiencies. The data analyst will serve as a reliable expert and collaborative team member in translating clinical and business requirements into meaningful analysis with expertise in multiple data sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists teams in grants and projects: gathers requirements, develops metrics, retrieves data and ensures validity of results
- Utilizes advanced analytical and/or statistical ability to evaluate data, make recommendations regarding clinical workflow and continuous improvement work
- Consults and creates innovative data solutions such as dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc. for measurement of processes and outcomes
- Interprets technical specifications of clinical quality measures and understands how specified data is inputted
- Develops and maintains processes for continuously monitoring and improving data health and integrity
- Collaborates with data team on new data models, testing frameworks and documentation practices
- Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer needs. As the data interpreter, is also able to verbally and visually communicate a compelling story with data.
- Identifies, defines and implements new data-driven strategies and processes for the organization
- Performs all aspects of project management duties including project definition, assignment of responsibilities, tasks, deadlines and measures of progress. Takes initiative to collaborate with data team to identify and remediate project obstacles.
- Effectively communicates project progress, findings and data interpretations
- Continuously develops analytic capability of internal and external customers
- Coordinates and collaborates with Transformation Team to ensure customer understanding of and happiness with data
Expected Values and Behaviors:
The person in this position will be expected to model our workplace values which are:
- Collaborative – We are one team. Celebrate success together. Learn from failure together. Willing to embrace change and responsive to each other. We can and should depend on each other. Share your work and ask questions. Offer to help, offer to learn, and offer solutions to problems.
- Accountable – We work for health centers and we work with each other. Tell the truth, keep your word, listen, and make it better. Expect excellence from yourself and others.
- Respectful – Approach every interaction with thoughts of equity, inclusion, and humility. We are one organization, and we are many people. We understand our differences and are better for it. Welcome feedback of all kinds. We are all learning something.
- Deliberate – Always understand the problem before trying to solve it. Nothing should be done without a purpose. Unite around common goals, visions, and strategies.
- Proactive – We seek opportunities to learn and prepare for future challenges. Everyone is responsible, expected and empowered to prepare us for the future. Train and plan for what comes next and who comes after us.
- Transformative – We empower systems change with a lens of excellent healthcare, health equity and compassion. Or health centers lead the way; we will clear the way. Adapt to changing circumstances and improve through adversity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health IT or related field required
- Three years of experience in healthcare analytics / business intelligence required
- Knowledge of medical terminology; clinical experience required
- Experience with data visualization tools preferred (Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience with SQL required
- Knowledge of relational database structures and data flows required
- Experience in project management required
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required
- Experience working in an organization with strong data governance processes preferred
- Experience with EPIC Cogito and Healthy Planet tools preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents and operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including spreadsheets, word processing, and databases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Professional business office work setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Des Moines, IA 50309: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- knowledge of medical terminology/clinical: 1 year (Required)
- SQL: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply