The UC Davis Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Neuromuscular Research Center is Northern California’s premiere clinical research facility for individuals with neuromuscular diseases. Patient care must receive the highest priority with the best possible service in all areas. Principal Investigators (PIs) are dedicated to the pursuit of new knowledge in the treatment of neuromuscular disease. All of this is accomplished in the best working environment for all employees.
Final Filing Date
$26.43 – $42.55
Number of Positions
Percentage of Time
Ellison Ambulatory Care Center
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
This position is located in the Neuromuscular Research Center Exercise Physiology Laboratory. The role of the incumbent is to assist in providing clinical support, coordination and direction for drug/device and research studies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of neuromuscular disease processes as applied to clinical research.
- Familiar with Good Clinical Practices in Clinical Trials as demonstrated through completion of the on-line educational tutorials as required by the Office of Human Research Protection.
- General knowledge of CFR title 21 parts 50, 54, 56, 312 and 314 General knowledge of CFR title 45 part 46.
- Administrative skills and ability to independently exercise good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness in making decisions.
- Have basic skills to evaluate information, practices and procedures, and assist in formulating logical and objective conclusions and make recommendations for effective solutions.
- Display organizational skills and attention to detail so that large volumes of records can be accurately maintained and workload priorities can be determined in an appropriate way to accomplish a task or goal. Ability to multi-task.
- Display writing skills including ability to compose reports and correspondence while utilizing correct grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as clearly documenting research data onto forms.
- Ability to meet the scope of the program with general supervision and with frequent changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Organizational skills in setting priorities, following through on assigned tasks and adhering to deadlines in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology, and some ability to interpret physician’s notes, medical records, and laboratory resultsBasic kno
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication, public relation and interpersonal skills, and writing skills to effectively correspond with the general public, co- workers, physicians, patients, caregivers, clinic staff and other health care professionals.
- Possess mathematical abilities to perform calculations involving basic accounting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member in a diverse workforce.
- Required to work occasional overtime as work demands.
- Required to travel on occasion for training and educational purposes, including on weekends.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Click Here To Apply