Job ID: 338819
The name Central Supply Company, a CRH company, has been synonymous with “service” for nearly 100 years and four generations. We serve our customers in communities throughout north and central West Virginia, southwest Pennsylvania and western Maryland. While we strive to promote our main product lines of Ready-Mixed Concrete, Concrete Block, Concrete Pumping, Insulated Concrete Forms, Brick and Builders’ Materials, our number one goal is to forge partnerships with our customers through hard work and service. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Warehouse Associate – Saltwell/Bridgeport, WV
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving, staging and storing of products and materials and assisting customers for loading of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assists in completing shipping/receiving documents
- Moving and staging products and materials using a forklift or loader
- Maintaining clean, neat, and orderly work areas inside and outside the warehouse and yard areas
- Coordinate with accounting and warehouse department in daily sales processing, including customer pickup from the warehouse or customer delivery
- Communicates stock needs and discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Responsible for participating in yearly inventory as required
- Ability to listen effectively and follow instructions
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public
- Follow strict adherence to Company safety policies
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Willing to learn counter sales
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
High school diploma preferred
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, and supervisors in an effective manner
- Experience in a warehouse job, and/or order pulling is preferred
- Experience running a loader and forklift preferred
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required or assigned
- Overtime will be required during peak season
Issued safety equipment and other equipment as assigned
Duties may involve being in a warehouse environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the warehouse floor and may create some odors in the warehouse.
- The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and follow team lift procedures from 50 up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Supply Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Click Here To Apply