Astrid Palliative Care is a rapidly growing group of medical practitioners including two board-certified Hospice and Palliative MDs, NPs and PAs who are rapidly evolving to meet the needs of patients in multiple settings including inpatient, home and through telehealth services. A core mission of ours is to invigorate the medical community to view palliative care as a core asset to serve patients at any point in their illness trajectory.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner for Palliative Care
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner serves as a contracted member of the Interdisciplinary Group and works in conjunction with the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Physician to meet the medical needs of palliative care patients and perform inpatient evaluations and follow-up visits.
- Provides inpatient consultation services in palliative care
- Provides complex symptom management
- Lead advance care planning discussions and prognosis with patients and their families in all levels of acuity including basic advance care planning up to critically ill patients in the ICU.
- Identify medical and social needs in collaboration with other primary and specialty teams.
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to California state law including controlled substances with DEA authorization.
- Work on a multidisciplinary palliative care team led by two board certified hospice and palliative medicine physicians.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the California state
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire
- BLS certification
- Prefer a clinical background in geriatrics, hospice, and palliative medicine or behavioral health preferred (e.g., past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings)
- Highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable to working in a dynamic environment
- Clear, concise, and persuasive verbal and written communication. Must be able to positively interact with other clinicians, senior management, patients and their families, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals
- Highest level of ethics and integrity
- Comfortable and able to utilize technology (Electronic medical records) and promptly and timely document clinical and other activities
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $100.00 – $120.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply