NOTE: The below job description is intended to describe the general contents of, and requirements for, this position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed within this position. Individuals in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties assigned or requested.
CED/Keathley Patterson is An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability and Veteran Status.
As a Quotations Specialist, you will be responsible for quoting material from plans and specifications on construction projects. This may also include building a Bill of Material from a blueprint or working with a customer to suggest products on design-build projects.
You will know you’re a match to this position if you have product and application knowledge, an understanding of the bid process, interpersonal and organizational skills, are a self-starter, detail oriented, and can work quickly and accurately under time constraints and pressure.
As a Projects and Gear Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Provide technical expertise to sales and support team.
- Serve as technical lead to other inside sales professionals.
- Thoroughly understand all product capabilities, features, and benefits as well as Keathley Pattersons market conditions, product warranties and services.
- Assist customers over the phone or via internet with orders, quotations, and product questions.
- Proactively follow up on customer orders, challenges, and needs.
- Resolve customer concerns and issues as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Qualify opportunities, based on market conditions and technical scope
- Accurately enter orders and type quotations.
- Maintain project files.
- Expedite order process.
- Interact with electrical contractors, architects, engineers, and owners to suggest products to be used on all types of construction projects.
- Take off Bills of Material from blueprints and specifications.
- Identify additional customer requirements beyond agreed Project scope to increase the project performance.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and more!
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- High level of mechanical aptitude and technical understanding.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel Adobe Acrobat, and similar programs.
- Strong customer service orientation – both external and internal.
- Must be extremely well organized with a strong “attention to detail” approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Time management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete complex tasks with little supervision or guidance.
- Proven “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under severe time constraints and pressure
- High school diploma or GED.
Beneficial Skills and Experience to be successful:
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the electrical industry.
- Basic Understanding of One-Line and Ladder diagrams.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial and industrial power distribution and switchgear applications.
- Extensive experience working with design build and specification work of leading industry manufacturers.
- Consistent sitting for hours at a time. Majority of day (85%+) is spent sitting at desk.
- Consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a regular and consistent basis.
- Ability to climb stairs on occasion.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply