The Crisis Response Unit (CRU) is a 7 to 30-day inpatient treatment facility for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Our goal is to incorporate physician, nursing, and direct care services to help alleviate behaviors that are harmful to one’s self and others.
Now with monthly retention bonuses up to $500!!
Direct Support Professional
Who are we looking for? YOU! We are looking for personable, kind, and reliable individuals who enjoy doing a good job and get excited about impacting the lives of others.
What is the position? As a Direct Support Professional you will provide direct, basic and supportive care to Clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities within an assigned program.
Who are we? We empower people to achieve their greatest potential. Westbrook Health Services is the industry leader in providing comprehensive care to individuals with mental health, developmental, substance use disorder and addiction challenges.
What do we offer? We offer yearly raises, excellent health/wellness benefits, paid time-off, paid training, retirement benefits, a safe work environment and proper PPE is provided.
Westbrook Health Services recognizes and rewards our Direct Support Professionals who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence with MONTHLY ATTENDANCE BONUSES and a HIRING BONUS for full time employees hired after 11/01/2020! After completing 90 days of service, employees are eligible for a $300 bonus. After completing 180 days of service, employees are eligible for an additional $300 bonus.
- SIGN ON BONUS-$600, $300 at 90 days and $300 at 180 days
- MONTHLY RETENTION BONUS-$300-$500
- MONTHLY ATTENDANCE BONUS-$25-$50
- REFERRAL BONUS-$600
Join our caring team today to start making a difference tomorrow! Full and Part Time Positions are available!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet Client and agency needs.
· Provides training, health monitoring, assistance with activities of daily living and transportation for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
· Provides oversight and intervention to Clients that are experiencing a major behavioral health crisis.
· Serves as a member of the residential/day support services team and attends all designated meetings.
· Maintains daily logs and records of patient care, condition, progress or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or Service Coordinator.
· Monitors Client safety needs, including physical, medical, behavioral and psychiatric.
· Monitors Client to ensure their safety by observing overall health and wellness. Documents Client functional and dysfunctional behavior according to individual program plan.
· Maintains facility to ensure sanitary conditions.
· Assists with cooking, laundry and other general household activities necessary to maintain sanitary conditions and general housekeeping upkeep.
· Accompanies Clients to doctor’s offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance and companionship.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet Client and agency needs.
· Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations
· Maintains confidentiality of all information and complies with HIPAA regulations
· Demonstrates knowledge of and supports Westbrook Health Services mission, vision, values, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards and code of ethical behavior.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Work with staff, Clients, and others in a professional, cooperative, ethical, respectful and effective manner.
Education and/or Experience: Must pass Criminal Investigation Background and DHHR background checks as well as post offer drug screen. Must have valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mobility and ability to stand and walk for long periods, bend, reach and lift up to 50 pounds are required in this position. Regular attendance and ability to stay alert.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.50 per hour
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Disability insurance
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Referral program
· Vision insurance
· Bonus pay
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply