JOB TITLE Customer Service Specialist
REPORTS TO Office and Fiscal Manager
The Customer Service Specialist is an important part of the Butler County Humane Society team. The CSS will work with the public to place animals into permanent, loving and responsible homes, assist the public with all inquiries and requests in a positive, friendly manner and to educate and counsel the public on responsible pet ownership. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent organization and management ability, as well as customer service skills that provide a high level of pleasant professional services to all clients, staff and volunteers. Candidate will work independently and responsibly while observing all health and safety guidelines, and at all times contribute enthusiastically to the positive culture and mission of the BCHS.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to the public, volunteers, and other staff members at all times.
- Greet all customers upon arrival and direct them towards the appropriate department or area of interest.
- Process all animal intakes and outcomes.
- Review all adoption paperwork, policies and contracts with adopters.
- Assist with the BCHS retail store’s success, assisting with inventory management, purchasing and marketing.
- Cross-train (which may involve regular department coverage) in the admissions/kennel department to understand the protocols and procedures, so clients can be better assisted in all areas of the BCHS.
- Photograph adoptions and keep record of positive adoption stories.
- Handle monetary transactions accurately and securely.
- Maintain adoptions lobby in a neat and aesthetically pleasing manner. This includes daily sanitation of floors, emptying of garbage containers and cleaning bathrooms.
- Advise people who are having a problem with their pet and/or who want to surrender their pet to the BCHS with the goal of keeping the pet in the home.
- Honor confidentiality of all shelter business.
- Handle animals humanely and safely at all times.
- Learn about cat and dog behavior, common issues, and ways to address them in order to make good adoption matches and to keep animals in homes.
- Assist with the cleaning of animal areas and equipment as needed, including spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
- Demonstrate a high quality of work standards and work ethics.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in a customer service related field, preferred.
- Familiarity with PetPoint Animal Management Software a plus.
- Experience with medical and behavioral needs of companion animals a plus.
- Comfort handling all companion animals
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, effectively with staff, volunteers, and BCHS clients
- Ability to make sound behavioral decisions that support BCHS’s mission and which are in the best interest of every animal.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Customer-service orientation
- Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Confidence handling both dogs and cats, including aggressive animals
- Ability to be discreet and handle highly sensitive/confidential information in a responsible manner
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through
- A positive outlook and vision
- Strong professionalism both in appearance and presentation
- Can work independently
Moderate physical activity performing activities to include:
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for an extended period of time
- Lifting 50 lbs. or more
- Working outdoors in all forms of weather, including heat, cold, humidity, sun, or rain
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply