Bridgewell strengthens communities by providing an unmatched range of social and human services that empower people with disabilities and other life challenges to live safe, self-directed and productive lives. Bridgewell delivers support through community housing, day programs, outpatient treatment, recovery services, education and employment training. We’re committed to helping people in need, from those with autism to people with substance use disorders, become engaged members of their communities. Bridgewell is also the industry leader in developing innovative offerings in response to unmet or emerging needs.
The Position: We’re looking for an Assistant Residential Manager! You will assist with oversight of the daily operation of a residential home or day program for individuals with disabilities. You will provide direct care support as needed and additional coordination of program duties as requested. Individuals at Level 3 programs may require moderate to considerable physical assistance or accommodation. Specialized training will be provided to enhance supervision or interventions designed to address multiple disabilities which may include behavioral supports or enhanced medical care. You will develop, implement and supervise trainings, case management requirements of individuals, and participation in general duties.
Shift: Sunday 9am-5pm, Monday-Thursday 1pm-9pm (40 hrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead staff to ensure that performance standards are upheld and that all individuals are working in accordance with agency requirements, mission, goals and principles.
- Provide leadership to all staff by creating a positive work climate and creating a cohesive team environment. Communicate with on call and management staff any concerns or issues that arise related to the care of individuals, staffing concerns or general needs of the program in the absence of an on-site manager.
- Ensure that services and documentation are maintained according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards as well as Bridgewell’s policies and procedures.
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in making decisions to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Oversee all medical, clinical and financial needs of the individuals by identifying needs and securing appropriate services as needed.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with funding sources, community groups, families, and other service providers.
- Monitor petty cash and maintain spending within allowed budgetary limits.
- Provide interim coverage during PD absence as directed by and with the support of the Residential Supervisor or any other interim member of program management assigned to the facility.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, MAP, PABC, and Driver Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. DSP Certification, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities. Experience with individuals that may have significant behavioral or medical concerns required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff or act as shift leader, coordinate documentation flow as required and interface with management or nursing staff as required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster positive relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license and one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to proficiently use Microsoft products and web based applications supported by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe our benefits package is one of the most competitive!
- Generous paid time off-includes your birthday (that’s right, we even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and personal contributions
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training and professional development
Why Should You Apply: If top benefits alone don’t sway you, then our compassionate and collaborative work environment should! Bridgewell is committed to training and developing staff and provides the opportunities for you to have a positive impact in the work you do.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Click Here To Apply