Access Control personnel support the MDA Security and Emergency Management Directorate (DSS) in executing multiple Security Operations Services at MDA facilities in the United States. Carries out instructions primarily oriented toward insuring that emergencies and security violations are readily discovered and reported to appropriate authority. Intervenes directly only in situations which require minimal action to safeguard property or persons. Duties require minimal training.
- Control access to buildings and property, protect equipment and material, and perform interior and exterior facility security inspections as directed.
- Ensure visitors present a valid photo identification or passport, verifying their identity as part of the visitor access process.
- Assist with creation of temporary access badges for approved personnel who are accessing the MDA Site.
- Interpret magnetometers and X-Ray checks according to procedures to ensure security is not compromised.
- Escort on-site personnel to restricted areas.
- Respond and assist medical, fire department, law enforcement, and other personnel at the direction of supervisors.
- Respond to emergencies and perform CPR/AED/First Aid on an as needed basis.
- Assist to ensure all personnel who require a Common Access Card (CAC) meet the identification requirements before issuing the CAC.
- May assist with providing CACs to military, civilian, and contract government workers on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate with the Security Operation Center to ensure all functional and operational procedures are followed during special events.
- Develop and maintain attendance rosters and after action reports for special events as needed.
- Relay, by land line or radio, information to security team regarding security, medical, fire, and disaster details, via the monitoring station.
- Input data into an operation log on an hourly basis.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certified (100%), and trained in Red Cross First Aid
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site
- Speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material
- Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Unarmed Security Officer.
- Required to adhere to all government agency guidelines as it applies to COVID vaccine Attestation/Restrictions.
- Be able to meet drug testing and alcohol – free workforce requirements to include random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Possess or be eligible for certification of State security guard requirements and other certifications, as appropriate.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Click Here To Apply