Hospital Central Services Association is a local linen provider to the Hospital community for over 60 years. Family oriented organization with long-term history in the community. All of our trucks are less than five years old and well maintained. We offer a competitive compensation package. Give us a call to learn more! Must have CDL-A and willing to cover nights, weekend, and holidays. Competitive Pay and benefit program.
Supervise up to 20 delivery drivers and the daily delivery driving activities; actively supports drivers in enhancing quality service, logistics, routing, and ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for assigned staff; assign work activities; ensure compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Monitor daily operations to ensure adequate staffing, inventory, and vehicle availability.
- Provide on-the-job training and counseling to operators/drivers.
- Maintain service and public safety; respond to operator/driver concerns about safety, service interruptions or delays; recommend corrective action to resolve issues.
- Investigate and address customer complaints regarding deliveries, timeliness of deliveries, driver issues; etc.
- Perform ride checks as necessary to evaluate and ensure driver is adhering to all policies and regulations.
- Respond to and protect accident scene, take photos, collect statements, and gather information; work with appropriate emergency services ensuring safety at accident scene.
- Interview all appropriate parties and witnesses at accident scene; document the scene; prepare and review accident documentation; provide recommendations.
- Conduct random field operations to evaluate driver efficiency and driving ability; make recommendations as necessary.
- Prepare written reports and other documentation.
- Work with and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform function of delivery driver as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
§ Required – Minimum HS Diploma
2. Experience – This position requires a minimum of one year of team lead or Supervisory experience in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
3. Must possess Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A) and medical certification (DOT Medical Card).
4. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This is a highly collaborative and communicative position. It requires constant communication with customers, team mates, management, and vendors by email, phone, in-person and fax. The ability to communicate accurate messages regarding business-related collaborations, while applying the utmost professionalism and tact, is an essential function of the job. While position requires ability to work cooperatively in a team setting, must also have the ability to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to direct a diverse group of people with excellent written and oral communication.
· Ability to read/write/record data and perform mathematical calculations.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as excellent organizational skills.
· MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· HCSA databases utilized in performing scheduling, time-keeping, inventory, accounting and customer service
· Office Equipment – copier, fax, phone, printer, computer, mouse
· Operate tractor trailer and straight trucks.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Mental Effort: Ability to question and analyze complex information.
2. Physical Requirements: Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time. Perform functions of delivery driver as needed. Ability to load and unload large trucks and van in the transfer and delivery of clean and soiled linen in wheeled carts. Push/pull 30 pounds. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
3. Working Conditions: General production environment conditions apply such as moderate temperature and noise-levels.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply