Prosperitus Solutions is seeking a dedicated individual to join a team of Sterile Processing Technicians performing temporary/on-call work with the VA New York Harbor Healthcare System in Brooklyn, New York. Your day to day work will largely consist of providing sterilized and/or high-level disinfected critical and semi-critical reusable medical equipment, such as surgical instruments, instrument trays, and flexible endoscopes.
- 3 years of sterile processing experience
- Highschool graduate or GED
- Sterile Certification (IAHCSMM or CBSPD) required
- Level II – Veterans Affairs Certification preferred
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Capable of processing complicated procedural sets, such as Vascular trays, Casper, Orthopedic Specialty, Cataract, Lap Cholecystectomy, etc.
- Operate all decontamination equipment in specified area
- Identify, decontaminate, and separate reusable contaminated surgical instruments, trays, endoscopes, powered drills, and saws from all areas in the medical center
- Disassemble and inspect items for damage or missing components and ensure removal of bioburden for cleanliness
- Perform leak tests on flexible endoscopes
- Assemble instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items and trays and arranges them in the correct manner to ensure appropriate sterilization
- Properly transport items for High Level Disinfection (HLD) process before and after processing
- Properly and safely load and operate the automated endoscope reprocessors and other HLD equipment
- Prepare OR Case Carts with instruments/trays required for surgical cases scheduled in OR
- Clean loading carts, delivery carts, work areas, etc. to prevent cross contamination
- Up to 8 hour shifts
- Monday through Sunday
- Options to work at the Brooklyn or Manhattan Campus
- Day and night shifts
- No graveyard shifts
About Prosperitus Solutions:
We are a government contractor, providing valuable human capital services to serve our warfighters, veterans, and more. We are dedicated to creating an upward spiral of worth in our community, for our customers, and for our staff. If you’d like to learn more about us, please visit www.ProsperitusSolutions.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $34.18 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Please list which location you would like to work at: Brooklyn Campus, Manhattan Campus, or either.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- sterile processing: 3 years (Required)
- IAHCSMM or CBSPD Certification? (Preferred)
- Level II Veterans Affairs Sterile Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply