With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world’s premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger’s Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger’s vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?:
The Senior Office Administrator provides the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources. May assume lead responsibilities in the operations of the front office by assisting with training and assigning and overseeing the work of others. Ensure that billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company policies and compliance programs.
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Hanger Clinic, this position may include some or all of the functions or roles listed below.
- May be a lead performer or, within established policies, procedures and guidelines, may coordinate the performance of some functions by others:
- May train and/or direct the work of other front office staff to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- May participate in the hiring process.
- May participate in annual Performance Planning and Review process for administrative staff.
- Obtain and maintain accurate patient, billing and insurance information, verification and pre-authorization in patient files and in the billing system.
- Accurately process all billing daily, with full documentation.
- Follow up on all open accounts in a timely manner to ensure that accurate chronological financial records are maintained on each patient.
- Coordinate communications with payers to ensure accurate billing practices, enhance reimbursement opportunities, achieve cash collection targets and reduce or maintain A/R over 120 days at and below target level.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtaining credit agreements for outstanding balances.
- Apply all cash and adjustments to the computer billing system and make bank deposits in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with Hanger’s Compliance Policies.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA requirements.
- Assist with quality assurance programs to ensure patient satisfaction with Hanger Clinic services as necessary.
- Oversee patient follow-up and assist with Patient Evaluation Clinics as directed.
- Report timely key statistics to market and corporate management for sales, revenue, cash and patient flow.
- Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts including data entry and bank deposits.
- Report Clinic employee hours to Payroll Department accurately and timely.
- Coordinate scheduling of clinician schedules to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments.
- Review clinician documentation to ensure complete and appropriate patient billing.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum five years administrative and/or healthcare billing experience required.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures required.
- Minimum three to five years experience in Orthotics and Prosthetics (O&P) billing preferred.
- Ability to key 50 words per minute preferred.
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the hiring Hanger Clinic. All inquiries will be directed to Hanger Talent Acquisition.
Additional Success Factors:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with handicapped individuals.
- Complete understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology.
- Proficient computer skills, including Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems. The ability to train/coach others in these skills.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc. The ability to train/coach others in these skills.
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional collection and reimbursement laws where applicable and Accounts Receivable (A/R) and cash collection principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems and to coach others as necessary.
- As driving may be required, a motor vehicle record will be obtained to validate that driving history is acceptable under Hanger’s stated driving policy.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You:
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance
Click Here To Apply