Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care .
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com I LinkedIn I Glassdoor I Facebook I Twitter I YouTube
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which has rapidly become the world’s preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles here.
- with existing technologies including chemical recycling
- Accountable for all projects, repairs and /or improvements on the line as well as any mold changes and maintaining preventative maintenance.
- Ensure proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment.
- Improve the production equipment, utilities, efficiency and reliability.
- Recommend, plan, repair, modify, and fabricate any necessary elements following a problem or a project, which may have an effect on the productivity.
- Analyze and resolve all issues related to the equipment.
- Ensures cleanliness of all equipment and related areas after repairs or PM’s.
- Keeps all tools in good and safe condition and ensure tools are returned to its appropriate location.
- Assist in updating, developing and improving equipment PM program.
- Communicate to the supervisor on the condition of all production equipment.
- Assist and train production employees in machine conversions and PM’s.
- Assist other maintenance employees with repairs, PM, installation commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalogue is up-to-date, parts room is organized and kept clean.
- Ensuring toolbox is parked in the designated area after job is completed, top of box must be kept clean of parts and lubricants.
- Assist plant electrician investigate any electrical related problems.
- Direct and advise production employees in machine conversion and PM’s.
- Flexible-if Over Time is required and covering for vacation.
- Ensuring the Hazemat area is kept clean and waste material is properly disposed of.
- Ensuring the PM cart is stocked and organized.
- Perform all duties, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Shift Maintenance will also have the systems room checks, Pressco checks, daily shop housekeeping and Video jet daily PM’s to perform.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize own work within the schedules in the most effective and economical way.
- Able to conduct work in a manner that will bring credit to the incumbent, maintenance department and Amcor
- Provincial/Industrial mechanic certification.
- Knowledge in hydraulic and pneumatic
- Have basic knowledge in electricity and control.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time. Breaks will be the only time you will have an opportunity to sit.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to lift, bend and twist repetitively during the shift.
- Must be able to coordinate movements quickly and accurately in a high output production area.
- Must demonstrate ability though previous work assignments to work effectively in a fast-paced high-quality manufacturing environment.
- Must willingly accept any other duties/changes to position to fit the needs for production as requested by Shift Supervisor.
- Must wear safety equipment, personal protective equipment, as required in the area or to perform specific job duties.
- Perform all good housekeeping assignments.
- Able to help organize and maintain maintenance areas and stock room.
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.
Click Here To Apply