Responsible for assisting the Clerkship Director and the Director of Medical Education in Psychiatry in developing, organizing, and directing the operations of students in the junior and senior clerkship programs. Develops curricula, prepares reports, and writes computer-based examinations for students. Monitors clerkship rotations in accordance with the departmental and institutional requirements. Supervises other clerkship staff, and performs other duties as assigned by the Clerkship Director or the Director of Medical Education in Psychiatry.
- Develops and administers student quizzes, mid-terms and final grades and participates in mid term evaluation feedback sessions in conjunction with Clerkship Director.
- Develops and administers computer-based examinations; verifies and signs off on student grade after approval by Director.
- Develops Objective Structure Clinical Examination (OSCE) for the Department of Psychiatry with Clerkship Director and departmental faculty.
- Proctors subject board and mid-term evaluations on a bi-monthly basis.
- Identifies and develops a departmental training program for students who are low performers on standardized tests.
- Assists in the development and revision of course curricula, prepares reports and develops monthly lecture schedules.
- Attends all centralized meetings of Clerkship Directors.
- Performs monthly meeting administrative functions for the Division of Medical Education in Psychiatry.
- Coordinates assignment of clinical faculty members for student preceptor program.
- Travels to clerkship sites (Centennial Medical Center, MTMHI, VA- Murfreesboro) to evaluate program, monitors student attendance and performance, collects preceptor evaluations, and analyzes effectiveness of program.
- Provides counseling and resolution to immediate problems or concerns of the students.
- Available on a monthly basis to administer a minimum of 12 clerkship courses per year.
- Provides clerkship orientation sessions for all courses.
- Identifies student educational deficits and supplements at-risk students with additional learning materials to prepare students for successful completion of subject board examinations.
- Works with the Center for Educational Development and Support (CEDS) to assist at-risk students.
- Assists in developing a remediation process and monitors student outcomes.
- In conjunction with Clerkship Director and Director of Medical Education in Psychiatry monitors senior clerkship rotation, advises on course requirements, develops and maintains tracking system, and ensures adherence to departmental and institutional requirements.
- Administers and coordinates department activities and office services.
- Coordinates procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Provides support for department faculty, as needed, to compose, format and type correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to plan, direct and manage work of considerable difficulty.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of student confidentiality.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computer, other office equipment, and prepare audio-visual equipment for classroom use.
Bachelors’ degree in Health Services Administration, Psychology, Education, Social Science from an accredited college or university with a minimum of three (3) years related work experience required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Click Here To Apply