Windbay Terrace is seeking an experienced Service Coordinator (resident social services) to to effectively assist residents to improve the quality of their daily lives and aid them to achieve positive goals
Windbay Terrace is a 82 units community located in Tampa, FL.
The Service Coordinator connects residents of affordable housing communities to the support services that promote self-sufficiency and improve quality of life. Our on-site Service Coordinator provides residents with information, makes referrals to community organizations, and brings resources on site. Together, we can build safer, more supportive communities.
How You’ll Contribute: While maintaining resident confidentiality and acting with empathy, you will:
- Set up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
- Assist and advise residents and families on available services that promote wellness and a self-reliant lifestyle.
- Educate residents, families, and staff on available community resources (for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness, and legal advocacy)
- Assist residents in creating informal support networks among themselves, with family members and friends.
- Monitor the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
- Create and foster a network of local social services agencies and facilitate residents’ access to programs.
- Raise awareness among local service providers of the community’s needs and promote partnerships that help residents gain access to needed services.
- Develop a sense of community among residents and their neighbors using organization and facilitation skills. (May involve creating social/community-oriented programming, resident associations, community-based newsletters, welcoming committees, orientation packages, support groups, etc.
- Maintain resident files and appropriate documentation in a customized data management system.
- Success Criteria: A heart for service and excellent work ethic.
- The successful candidate will have two or more years of hands-on experience in supportive services or disability services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or degree in Gerontology, Psychology, or Counseling is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, direct /guide, problem-solve and provide results.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to act as a liaison between residents and management.
- The ability to interact and connect with a wide range of people, including residents and program providers, to monitor residents, their needs, and the services they’re receiving.
- Develop and manage programs to enhance the quality of life and increase cognitive stimulation.
- Crisis Management as well as Case Management.
- Completion of HUD required reporting activities when due.
- Networking and community building.
- Coordinate special programs for residents to improve health, wellness, and general education.
- Create a mechanism to monitor and evaluate services provided.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
- O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
- F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
- C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – C
Grasp – C
10 lbs or less – C
12 lbs or less – C
Walk – C
Reach Outward – C
11-20 lbs – C
13-25 lbs – C
Manually Manipulate – C
Reach Above Shoulder – C
21-50 lbs – N
26-40 lbs – N
Sit – C
Speak – C
51-100 lbs – N
41-100 lbs – N
Climb – N
Crawl – N
Over 100 lbs – N
Squat or Kneel – N
Bend – N
Other Physical Requirements:
Vision – C
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a residential setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment.
Background Check Process
Your resume and application information, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- social work or case management: 2 years (Preferred)
- support services: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply