Position Summary :
Are you a certified Phlebotomist looking for a full-time opportunity with an experienced team of professionals?
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Phlebotomist collects and processes laboratory specimens. The Phlebotomist assists the Laboratory Manager with maintaining accurate records and patient documentation and inventory of supplies. The Phlebotomist must always maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements at all times.
Join our team and learn why Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics has been repeatedly named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States. Share in our vision of being a leader in innovative, caring, and personalized healthcare while enjoying our competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and retirement options for full time and part time employees which begin on day one.
Position Details :
80 hours per pay period (two weeks)
Day Shift, 5:00am – 1:30pm
- Greets patients in a courteous manner by identifying self and explaining the procedure to be performed.
- Completes blood drawing procedure according to established policy.
- Accurately labels the specimen immediately after blood draw.
- Performs blood draws according to specific times requested or priority ordered.
- Follows established policies for collection of special tests (pregnancy, PKU and blood cultures).
- Utilizes age related concepts when communicating with patients and families, and obtaining blood or body fluid samples for analysis.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
- Reviews and revises policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- Current Washington State Department of Health Medical Assistant Phlebotomy license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Successful completion of a phlebotomy training program/course as outlined under WAC246-827-0400(2) at the time of application.
- CPR certified within 30 days of hire and maintained while employed.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience working in a laboratory or related science experience.
- Experience working in a critical access hospital.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply