Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
This position performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedures to create three dimensional images of tissue, organs and other body parts that are used by radiologists to detect abnormalities, make diagnoses and treat patients.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- One (1) of the following combinations required:
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), and Registered MRI Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-MR) or
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT) and Registered Radiological Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R) and Registered MRI Technologist by the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT)
- As of July 2017, technologists that are not licensed by the Texas Medical Board (TMB) will not meet the minimum qualifications for this job description
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs MRI procedures on patients: Prepares patients for MRI exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the MRI scanner, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and matrix camera. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Employee Signature:________________________________________ Date:_________________
Manager Signature:_________________________________________ Date:_________________
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served by this position are circled:
| Neonate | Infant | Pediatric | Adolescent | Adult | Adult/Geriatric |
Click Here To Apply