FPA Women’s Health is committed to improving the lives of our clients.The mission of our Behavioral Health Program (BHP) is to strive to meet women where they are with tools and support for optimal health in body and mind. We deliver services through a variety of mediums including a safe and confidential virtual visit platform. We are looking to increase the professional staff in our Behavioral Health Program to meet the needs of a diverse and growing client base. We are looking for dedicated professionals who desire to improve the well-being of people living with mental health, traumatic experiences, and other challenges that affect their lives.
Our Behavioral Health Program Team works collaboratively with the Medical and Clinical Team at FPA Women’s Health to meet the needs of clients and deliver outstanding service during each encounter with clients. The Behavioral Health Team also works in partnership with family members, county social workers, psychiatrists, case managers, therapist/counselors, and other community-based agencies – as the need requires. MFT Interns who apply or are accepted to work in the Behavioral health Program will receive supervision of hours towards licensure.
This is a part-time position with primary responsibility for mental health services (assessment, evaluation, development of treatment plan with clients, therapy, discharges) and case management services. The therapist will also provide supportive services (e.g., referrals and/or linkages to community resources) that will enhance mental and emotional wellness. Therapist is required to document all encounters with clients in a timely manner. Therapist is required to document and complete all billable clinical services, along with applicable outcome information. Therapist may be requested to obtain additional certifications as needed.
Master’s Degree in a Mental Health Field with BBS Registered Intern Number
Licensed LCSW or LMFT
Minimum one-year direct service experience in a Mental Health Field (student internship and/or practicum time may be substituted). Experience Working with Adults is a Plus.
License or Certification
BBS MFT Intern registration and Valid California Driver’s License.
LMFT or LCSW or LPCC license in California and Valid California Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview referred clients, assess, and evaluate their need for services.
- Work with referred clients, their families, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties (in-house and external) to promote rehabilitation and amelioration of problems which interfere with productive social and emotional functioning.
- Demonstrate understanding/basic knowledge of psychiatric illness and mental health interventions, including a general understanding of co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Ability to perform accurate mental health evaluations and provide case management services.
- Service incorporates a “whatever it takes” approach and include therapy, counseling, shadowing, training, modeling, linkages, and other interventions deemed necessary.
- Availability in-person and/or by phone to help in crisis intervention and provide support and assistance in problem resolution during scheduled hours.
- Provide assessment and support services on an outpatient basis including mental health services, treatment planning, case management and case management brokerage services as outlined in the care and treatment plan.
- Ability to coordinate client discharges in a clinically and administratively appropriate manner, in accordance with agency protocols.
- Ability to document all client contacts accurately and concisely; client billing; clinical progress notes; treatments plans; and discharges in EHR while adhering to FPA, Behavioral Health Program, and governing agencies requirements. Governing agencies include but are not limited to LACDMH.
- Meet and maintain all professional credentials and licensing requirements.
- Adhere to all standards of ethical and required legal responsibilities.
- Maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with clients, FPA
- Providers and Staff, BHP Staff, other staff, physicians, county agencies, other health care and social services providers and the public.
- Ability to provide effective individual therapy and case management services.
- Ability to appropriately conduct and participate in client treatment planning meetings.
- Maintain on-going relations with other county agencies, health care facilities, and other resources necessary to affect the continuum of care for clients in the community.
- Interact and communicate with other clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Ability to appropriately complete all required forms, chart reviews and chart updates in a timely manner and in accordance with FPA and BHP protocols.
- Ability to produce clear, concise, and timely professional documentation and correspondence in accordance with county, BHP and FPA protocols.
- Knowledge of community resources, especially related to the Mental Health, Education, Medical, Criminal Justice, and Social Services fields, is highly desirable to make appropriate linkages.
- Knowledge of FPA and BHP Protocols and ability to make appropriate referrals to community resources.
- MFTIs receive training and supervision for BBS hours.
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve.
- Benefits to be discussed based on status of licensure.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and do not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply