Under the direction of the Office Coordinator and/or the Administrative Coordinator, the Medical Office Assistant functions in accordance with departmental procedures and policies performing patient registration, appointment scheduling, answering phones, assists with Billing and other related functions. The Medical Office Assistant I also performs intakes, screening testing, initial and follow-up paperwork completion for clients of The WorkPlace. Participates in collaborative team efforts for improving processes and systems (i.e., intradepartmental, subcommittee meetings) for customer satisfaction and improved bottom line consistent with Department Goals.
- One year of Occupational Health, ER and/or Medical Office Setting experience.
- Knowledge of work processing and experience in clerical and medical technician Tasks, as listed above.
- Proven organizational and system skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- EMT/EMS or Medical Office Assistant Certification preferred.
- Formal training program after high school (vocational, business, or Technical school or training), basic computer use.
- Job appropriate training/certification encouraged.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Ability to successfully complete on-the-job training for competence in UDT and Resp Fit testing other testing procedures.
- Thorough understanding and use of Employee Health Information System and automated hospital Registration system for Laboratory and Radiology.
- Processes excellent communication and Customer Service Skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.
Click Here To Apply