Be a hero to your community and connect them to the to what matters most! Become a Field Technician (also known as a Broadband Installer) with Sparklight, a Cable One company, and use your talents to make a meaningful impact with your team and the more than 900,000 residential and business customers we serve in over 21 states. You will consistently exceed delivery on our promises to be helpful, personal, proactive, and committed by supporting our customers with internet, phone, and video services that help them stay connected to what matters most – whether that’s making sure families can video chat with deployed service members, ensuring a Twitch streamer is connected late at night when the audience is online, or giving a small business owner faith that their internet connection will power their team through client pitches and product demos.
Your daily tasks will include installing services in residential and commercial properties, completing repairs, and relocating existing equipment.
To quote one of our associates in a recent company news article as to why he loves his job as a field technician, “The freedom and empowerment. We’re out on our own on the truck. Our supervisors give us the authority to decide what needs to be done, back us up and support our decisions.”
How we will SPARK your interest?
Just as we keep our customers connected to what matters most, we keep our associates connected to what matters most to them – a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace. Here’s a taste of what to expect:
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits start for you and your family on day one.
- You will be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive salary and generous incentives.
- Looking for work/life balance? We offer regular work hours (Monday through Friday).
- You will be representing our brand, so we provide a company vehicle, tools and uniforms!
- Enjoy R&R throughout the year? We offer paid vacation, holidays, and personal time so you can rejuvenate.
- Paid time off is available to volunteer with your favorite community organization.
- Growth is important and we take pride in developing our team and being able to promote from within, so we offer tuition reimbursement ($5250 per year) and ongoing training to assist in career growth. (Our CEO started with the Company as a CSR – That’s how seriously we take learning and development!)
- Complimentary cable, internet, and phone service is available if you’re at an address serviceable by Sparklight.
- Enjoy TV Everywhere FREE on the devices you connect with!
- You will be eligible for 401(k) with full match up to 5% of your pay and vested after 1 year.
- Earn incentives through our Associate Referral Program and Ignite, where associates can recognize each other to celebrate accomplishments and milestones!
How you will contribute to the Company’s success:
- Drive our company vehicles to connect our customers to what they love by installing customer service drops or outlets in both residential and business properties.
- Take the training you gain to use electronic test equipment and online diagnostic tools to troubleshoot customer service drops or outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and resolve all problems from the customer’s equipment to the output of the first distribution amplifier.
- You will ensure we’re providing proper upstream and downstream signal levels at each termination on the customer’s premises.
- You will be proactive by suggesting upgrades of existing services as well as educate customers on the use of their new/existing equipment.
- This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization’s Value.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- You will need to have a good driving record and a valid driver’s license in the state you are applying.
- The technology world never stops changing – Keeping pace with the product improvements we’re providing our customers is crucial.
- Due to the nature of the position, you will need to successfully work in small and confined areas; lift to 80 lbs.; work on a ladder; and work in all weather conditions. Depending upon the area for which you applied, that could mean very hot and humid, freezing cold, wet and rainy, or a combination of them all.
- We want to train you! You will need to have the aptitude and ability to learn to use RF, digital and Volt-Ohm meters and other related equipment to interpret data and use information to solve problems and determine optimal signal routing.
- Flexibility to go above and beyond for our customers by working overtime and on-call as needed.
- Problem solving is key when working with our customers. Be able to listen to customers and present solutions in a positive manner.
- You will have demonstrated at least 3 months of customer service or related experience and/or training. The equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Our customers need you to help keep them connected to what matters most!
- Ability to use RF, digital and Volt-Ohm meters and other related equipment to interpret data and use information to solve problems and determine optimal signal routing.
- This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule.
The Core Competencies we require of all associates:
Committed: Value each and every customer while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
Helpful: Deliver support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and address their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively work to make their relationship with us seamless, easy, and rewarding.
Personal: Know our customers well, and tailor our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Pre-hire Clearances: Cable One, Inc. is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. At Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds, and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “Stronger Together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify and embody each and every day. Cable One provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals of different races, colors, creeds, national origins, genders, marital and veteran statuses.
Who is Sparklight?
Sparklight™ is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 900,000 residential and business customers in 21 states. We keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
Click Here To Apply