More than a career – a chance to make a difference in people’s lives!
When you have the power to make a difference in the health and well-being of others, every day is extraordinary.
Work From Home – Central/Eastern U.S Time Zones– We Provide the equipment
Are you customer driven, returning to the working force or is this your first career?
You will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where it’s all about multi-tasking to get the job done. If you are positive and professional with a focus on solving problems and doing whatever it takes to make a difference to every customer every time you are a match for CCS Medical! If you relate well to all kinds of people, explain things easily in ways that our patients can understand and listen attentively, and can hone in on the most important issues then.…….. this is the career for you!
As a Documentation Rep you’ll be at the heart of our customer service operations as you deliver first-class customer service in every interaction in our call center. You will collect, review and audit all new patient care records as assigned; including assisting others on the Team with administrative tasks. You will ensure all necessary medical documents and patient accounts are consistent and compete to protect billing integrity. You’ll be the one of our subject matter experts that will help us solve our patient’s challenges-and deliver on our promise of superior customer service.
What you’ll be doing…
- Ensures all medical documents, patient accounts and files are updated, consistent and complete to support shipping and billing
- Obtains, reviews, maintains, medical records, and logs ABNs and PWOs into the patient account
- Validates PWOs match supplied orders including quantity, products, items, physician information, formulary requirements and manufacturer compatibility
- Handles inbound and outbound calls to physician’s offices and patients; Transfers patient calls to appropriate department
- Collects documents for PWO Hold accounts to allow shipment of future orders
- Audits configuration of supplies based on physician authorization
- Maintains advanced knowledge of specialty and ancillary products to answer patient questions and assist with accurately processing complex orders, including out-of-stock items, exchanges and returns
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality always due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, HIPAA, and Private Insurance regulations and requirements
What WE Bring to the Table:
We offer a wide variety of insurance benefits after 60 days of employment (medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life) with a large portion of premiums paid by the company, as well as paid time off within the first year. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and vesting schedule, financial planning, competitive salary, and an EAP-Employee Assistance Plan.
What YOU Bring to the Table:
- High School diploma and one year of medical documentation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred
- Ability to deal courteously with internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Medicare/Medicaid regulations and insurance documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computer literacy
- Ability to speak effectively to patients, health care providers and employees of the organization
- Position may require evening and weekend availability
CCS Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer /Veterans/Disabled
Click Here To Apply