Caregiver for the Elderly
The Personal Attendant performs assistance with daily living, companionship activities, meal preparation, and other such tasks that allow the clients to remain independent in their homes. These activities include bathing, dressing, feeding, exercising, personal hygiene, grooming, transferring, ambulating, positioning, toileting and incontinence care, assisting with medication that the clients administer, meal planning and preparation, clients’ laundry, transportation, correspondence, making telephone calls, shopping for personal care or groceries, and light housekeeping of areas that are directly occupied by the clients.
- Strong communication skills
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Must have a compassion for caring for the elderly
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and be able to safely operate a vehicle in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Transfer experience
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures
- Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator/Operations Manager.
- Spends at least 80% of time on tasks that directly benefit the clients.
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions. Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Completes necessary logs reflecting services provided.
- Refers all questions to the office.
- Flexible schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Monthly Employee Recognition and Awards
- Medical Benefits offered
- Competitive pay $20-$23 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Rafael, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Have you received the covid-19 vaccination?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- elderly care: 1 year (Required)
- Incontinence care: 1 year (Required)
- Dementia care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Stroke care: 1 year (Preferred)
- assisting in bathing client: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- CPR/First Aid (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply