Come join our dynamic team at the beautiful Fairfield Inn & Suites!
Great starting pay
15 PTO Days per year!
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
The Night Auditor is responsible for reconciling all hotel cashier transactions; reviewing, organizing, and compiling management reports on a timely basis and ensuring the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management and performing guest service agent duties as required, including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation and reservations.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Late night shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be willing to cross train in other accounting or hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Everwood Hospitality Service standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Always comply with Everwood Hospitality Service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Always maintain a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Perform guest services functions as required (i.e., check guests in and out, take reservations, enter wake-up calls, etc.).
- Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as required (i.e., Daily Operating Report, Discount programs, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
- Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage Cashier’s work.
- Audit, reconcile, consolidate, and transmit all credit cards on a timely basis.
- Prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including statistics.
- Input and update financial information into corporate communications network.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual data processing system functions as required.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Maximize productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing solutions.
- Respond to governmental inquires upon receipt.
- Handle guest requests.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Click Here To Apply