Soar is seeking a child psychologist to join our interdisciplinary team! The role is well-suited to someone who wants to be part of a team focused on supporting young children with autism and their families and who values continuity of care.
Soar Autism Center is building a network of interdisciplinary clinics where children with autism and their families receive services that help them thrive. We provide naturalistic ABA therapy (ESDM), speech therapy, occupational therapy, and mental health services to children with autism. We also provide diagnostic services to help families quickly access integrated, collaborative care. This also enables us to provide continuity of care not just during the transition to therapy, but also while a child is receiving therapy at Soar. Soar clinicians develop individualized therapy plans in coordination with families. The team sets ambitious goals that focus on building skills that enable children to grow into their fullest selves. We prioritize early intervention, comprehensive supportive services, and positive, developmentally-appropriate learning.
The role can be tailored to fit a candidate’s passions and strengths, as well as to provide growth opportunities. The foundational responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducting diagnostic evaluations using standardized assessments (e.g. ADOS-2) for autism and differential diagnosis
- Developing and delivering treatment recommendations to families
- Providing high quality and efficient services, including clinical services and reports
- Providing families with individualized treatment recommendations
- Participation as a member of the interdisciplinary clinical team
- Participate in continuity of care for children evaluated that then receive treatment at Soar
- Consultation and coaching with the Head of Psychological Services
Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology or a related field
Active Colorado license as a Licensed Psychologist
1+ years of practice as a Licensed Psychologist
Full competency in the evaluation of Autism Spectrum Disorder, including the ADOS-2, in children 0-5 years-old
Competency in differential diagnosis in the context of autism evaluations
Understanding of effective treatment methods for autism
Live in (or be willing to relocate to) the Denver, CO metro area
Ability to pass a background check and are qualified to work in the United States
- Competitive pay
- W-2 employee position
- Paid time off, including 9 holidays per year
- For full time employees: full medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k matching program
- Professional liability insurance
- Annual professional development funds
- Professional space and supplies
- Administrative support, including scheduling, billing, and insurance
- Coaching from and consultation with experienced clinicians
- A positive, collaborative work environment
- A commitment to employee and patient health and safety (COVID-19 procedures)
- Ethical agreement that internal referral to Soar for therapy is never required
Soar Autism Center believes in and is committed to diversity and inclusion at every level of its organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If you are intrigued, and want to know more before applying, reach out to our Head of Psychological Services, Dr. Sarah Banks by calling our center (720-706-3996) and asking our administrative team to set up an introductory conversation.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Click Here To Apply