At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying, and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and to life.
We are seeking a BIM Model Manager to work in a full-time role for our Maitland, FL office. Work will be performed under the supervision of senior staff.
Characteristics of a Model Manager
- The Model Manager role involves effectively and actively engaging project design teams at all levels, including external consultant offices, so strong professional communication skills are needed.
- Solution-oriented with sound Revit skills and exceptional ability to problem-solve quickly and efficiently.
- Comfortable working as a team with designers, Project Manager, and other Model Managers.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Constantly follows documented processes and standards to provide uniform results.
- Strives to learn client preferences.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Continuous improvement mindset, both in their personal career and regarding company workflows / processes.
Basic Role and Responsibilities
- Create 3D Revit models using information and documents received from the client and other consultants.
- Engage the client’s model manager counterparts directly to work through model challenges.
- Provide on-going basic Revit support and troubleshooting for engineers and designers throughout the design, in support of project deliverables.
- Attend internal project team meetings to understand deliverable schedules and provide BIM related input.
- Maintain and link AutoCAD drawings provided by client and other consultants, as they relate to projects.
- Updating models received from the Client in a timely manner.
- Perform model “health checks” and work with the design team and EXP’s BIM team leader to make adjustments.
- For deliverables, update title blocks, perform quality control review and address mark-ups for all sheets prior to delivery to the client, based on team needs.
- Manage Revit model hosting in a shared cloud environment.
- Tactfully ensure other EXP team members are following standards and correct behavior in a professional manner.
- Assist with specific non-Model Manager tasks when working towards a submission if time and workload allow.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Minimum 1 year experience in related BIM model management for Hospitality, Entertainment or Healthcare building projects.
- Experience working on Entertainment (i.e. Theme Parks, Aquariums, Science Centers) Revit projects preferred
- Experience with the latest versions of Revit and AutoCAD is required. Experience with BIM360 Document Management and Bluebeam is preferred. Experience with Dynamo and Navisworks is a plus.
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .
Click Here To Apply