Refer a friend and double your bonus!
What does the Registered Nurse (RN) do?:
Simply put, this is the jump off point to a long and fruitful nursing career in the senior care space. You will be assisting with the delivery of nursing services to our residents, including oversight and direction for other healthcare providers including LPNs, CNAs, and other caregivers. This RN Registered Nurse role is a dynamic one, where every day is different, and will allow you to hone and craft your nursing skills to make you a better caregiver. You will be receiving a ton of training and development by our clinical leadership teams so you can offer the best in care to our residents.
In this job, every day you will…
1. Maintain and support good working processes for care staff ensuring continuation of services to residents.
2. Supervise non-professional staff in the daily delivery of resident care, scheduling job assignments and develops nursing unit priorities and assists in identifying substitutes for staff absences.
3. Prepares new admissions, transfers, and discharges, providing direct resident care as determined by resident condition.
4. Complete treatments and procedures, as ordered by the resident’s care plan, and within scope of practice and related training while observing resident condition and reporting changes to physician and Resident Care Manager and/or Director of Nursing.
5. Evaluate and record residents needs and responses to medications and administers medications as ordered by the physician and directs medication aides accordingly.
6. Monitors resident skin condition and reports changes or new problems to physician and Resident Care Manager and monitors residents on alert status.
7. Completes incident forms, transcribes and carries out physician orders and notifies family and physician as directed.
8. Documents all pertinent information on interdisciplinary notes and 24-Hour D.N.S. report form, and documents medications, treatments and procedures performed on appropriate records.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
- Must have a current, unencumbered RN license in the state or the ability to obtain one.
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies is preferred but not required.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Registered Nurse (RN) role and what can we offer you?
The Registered Nurse role is truly unique at Prestige Care, and give you the experience and skills you may not be able to obtain at other companies. Consider what we can offer you:
- We are a 35+ year old, family owned and operated organization that has a strong promote from within culture. We have a defined career path for you to take, if you want to move up.
- Many locations so you can move up sooner, into leadership roles, where you can have greater job titles, make more money, and have a larger impact.
- Robust and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, EAP, 401k match, employer paid life and disability insurance, and more.
- Accessible and engaging local and regional nursing support staff to bounce ideas off of, get additional guidance + training, and partnership to allow you to be a high performer.
- Lots of training and support from the Resident Care Managers, Staff Development Coordinators, and Directors of Nursing.
Ways you can advance beyond the Registered Nurse (RN) role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Charge Nurse, Staff Development Coordinator, Resident Care Manager, Director of Nursing, or Health Services Director (Assisted Living) jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED – At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Prestige Care and Rehabilitation Center of Anchorage:
Located in East Anchorage at 9100 Centennial Circle, the 102-bed skilled nursing care community at Prestige Care Rehabilitation Center of Anchorage boasts an exceptional leadership team, numerous recent awards for quality of care, and a commitment to employee satisfaction. If you are looking for a fun, teamwork-focused culture in a home-like environment (with the occasional parking lot moose!), look no further!:
At Prestige Care Anchorage we recognize that managers on the ground are what really drive work culture and are committed to our belief in “working managers”—no leaders missing-in-action here! The Anchorage leadership team is invested in a promote-from-within mentality and their dedication to staffing excellence is evident—zero use of agency staff two years in a row! Additionally, our team members enjoy an amazing benefits package and generous PTO plan (take a month in your first year).:
Under the leadership of Senior Administrator Tammy Rose, team members of Prestige Care Anchorage take pride in acknowledgement at a national and state-level for their commitment to the health and well-being of their residents and patients. In addition to receiving Overall 5 Stars Quality Rating from CMS, Prestige Care Anchorage was recently recognized for the following:
- 2020 Long Term Care Frontline Fighters Patient Safety Award – Alaska State Hospital Nursing Home Association (ASHNHA)
- 2020 Tier 3 Certificate of Achievement Quality Initiative Recognition Program – AHCA/NCAL
- 2020, 2018 National Quality Bronze Award – AHCA/NCAL
- 2020-21 Best Nursing Home – US News
- 2019, 2018 Nursing Home Quality Excellence Award – Mountain-Pacific Quality Health
- 2018 Innovation in Transformation Award – ASHNHA
As a team member at Prestige Care Anchorage, you join a group dedicated to community involvement and support. Our robust partnerships with University of Alaska Anchorage, Mat-Su and Anchorage School Districts, and Nightingale College provide great clinical experiences for CNA and nursing students—we also have our own in-house CNA program! We also participate in a variety of events yearly based on staff and resident interests—past events have included Polar Plunge for Special Olympics, Fur Rondy’s Outhouse Races and Running of the Reindeer, and Relay for Life.:
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is an employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.::
Click Here To Apply