American Health Associates, Inc. is a Florida-based clinical reference laboratory that was founded in October of 1990. The company was founded as a physician office laboratory that served many doctors throughout South Florida for nearly ten years. The company, over time, due to competition from large, national laboratories such as LabCorp and Quest, began to pursue providing services to a segment of the laboratory testing market that, to that time, had largely been underserved.
American Health Associates is based in Davie, FL and now is the largest provider of laboratory services to the long-term care market in the United States. Coupled with highly skilled MLT’s, MT’s, Phlebotomists, and the economic efficiencies that a larger company can achieve, we believe that AHA will become the premier clinical laboratory with a strong initial regional presence in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and WDC.
At American Health Associates, we select qualified and experienced clinical technical and non-technical personnel and astute business professionals all dedicated to providing the highest quality of laboratory services to meet the needs of our diverse patient population. The time is now, join us and see your laboratory career grow!
THE ROLE: Molecular Technologist – $1,0000 Signing Bonus!
AHA’s well-established reference laboratory in Davie, FL is looking for a Molecular Technologist that is well versed in RT-PCR. This is an exciting opportunity for a Molecular Technologist who is looking to flex their molecular muscles in a fast-paced, high complexity environment.
Our Molecular Technologist performs DNA/Molecular genetic testing in a clinical laboratory setting. Utilizes scientific principles as well as technical, procedural, and problem-solving aptitudes for day-to-day laboratory technical operations, quality control, quality assurance, procedure/instrument maintenance and corrective action, test result correlation, and clinical laboratory related continuing education.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the QuantStudio 12, 7500 Fast Dx, and KingFisher Instruments including but not limited to supply inventory, quality control, calibration, reagent preparation, etc. Initiates and follows through with corrective action. Experience with above instruments preferred.
- Accurately performs and interprets data and results of highly complex clinical laboratory tests utilizing theoretical knowledge and independent judgment in addition to established protocol, techniques, and equipment manuals.
- Communicates laboratory data and pertinent technical information to appropriate clients and individuals in an accurate and timely fashion. Includes verbal as well as electronic means.
- Participate in development of protocols, lab manuals, new instrumentation, and other laboratory developmental activities.
- Provide technical guidance and be a resource for new laboratory personnel.
· Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, biological science, molecular biology, or appropriately related field from a regionally accredited college/university is required.
· State of FL Laboratory License is required.
· 4 years laboratory experience is required, preferably in a clinical laboratory setting.
· Experience/training in modern molecular genetic techniques in a clinical and/or research molecular laboratory preferred.
· Certification as Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Molecular Biology (MB) from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent agency.
If you are interested and qualified in this position, please submit your updated resume, and give us the chance to learn more about you!
AHA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Laboratory: 4 years (Required)
- State of FL Laboratory License (Required)
- ASCP Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply