Job Title: Medical Administration Assistant
- Seeking Medical Administration Specialist with (10) Plus years of work experience working in a Military Medical Services, Tri-Care, Civilian Health Care Delivery Systems or Military Management Health Care.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be qualifying.
- The job candidate must secure or have an active (Tier 1) basic investigation which is required on all new Federal employees and contractors or higher.
- This is a Full Time Contracted Federal Job Position for (1) year with possible yearly options up to (4) years.
- This position is located at a military treatment facility (MTF) in South East Washington, DC.
Work Hours are normally required Monday through Friday between the hours of 0730 and 1630 for an 8-hour period.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Information Management, or a related discipline is required. Masters degree in one of these areas is preferred.
- Mastery level knowledge of military Medical Services, civilian health care delivery systems, military management health care principles and techniques, TRICARE Managed Health Support contracts and clinical and financial systems, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must have knowledge of DoD, Air Force, Army or Navy and Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) standards and privacy and confidentiality requirements(HIPAA).
- Must have working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State, non-profit healthcare systems and organizations, to include DoD Tri-Service Military Healthcare Systems, TRICARE purchased care system, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Administration (VA), Public Health Department, and Regional and local support services.
- Knowledge of medical information systems and automated analytical tools and software (clinical and financial models). Expertise in quantitative and quantitative analysis techniques using various military computer systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Outlook (e-mail), and Internet familiarity are required. This includes various microcomputer equipment, and be able to input, retrieve and format documentation
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Research of operational activities may require coordination with high-level officials such as the comptroller, civil engineering, or civilian and federal agencies. Specific military systems include, but are not limited to: The Composite Health Care System (CHCS), MHS GENESIS, AHLTA, ICD programs, government data repositories such as P2R2 Virtual Analyst, M2 Data Mart,
Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Population Health Operational Tracking and Optimization System, Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS), Medical Expense and Performance Reporting System, Third Part Collections, Defense Pharmacy System, Radiology and PACS, Automated Business Services System and Commanders’ Resource Integration System.
- Contracted employee will be required to access government information technology and be required to attend computer training on applicable systems.
- Security Training – Contract employees will be required to complete online web-based training modules within the first 30 days of performance.
- Staff Orientation: New Employee-Contract employees shall participate in all staff orientation and/or training.
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Training: Contract employees will be required to complete on-line web-based training modules within the first 30 days of performance.
Immunization, Screening, and Health Requirements:
- Personnel shall be required to obtain documentation of required medical testing or a report of a physical examination if requested.
- Annual Immunizations: Personnel shall be immunized with seasonal influenza vaccine and any other vaccine recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for health care workers or as specified by the service/MTF as follows: o Required Vaccinations: Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), T-DAP
(Tetanus Diphtheria acellular pertussis), Hepatitis B (series) 2 step Tuberculosis (TB) skin test or Chest X-ray within last 12 months, Flu, COVID-19.
- Tuberculosis Screening: The additional immunization/screening requirements for the risk of exposure to tuberculosis (TB) are as follows: Prior to reporting for service, each contractor shall have completed tuberculosis (TB) screening test within 12 months prior to start of employment as part of the health examination and immunization/screening requirement. The test will be paid for by company. Documentation of a current TB screening will be requested during processing and initial screening of risk of exposure will be completed. The contractor is responsible for ensuring that the HCW receives targeted screening and testing based on the risk assessment by Public Health and submitting timely records of subsequent screening or testing to Public Health.
Specific Responsibility Requirements:
- Personnel will be required to meet the qualification requirements and performance outcomes on the following specific military systems to include, but are not limited to:
- The Composite Health Care System (CHCS) o MHS GENESIS, AHLTA, ICD programs, government data repositories such as P2R2 Virtual Analyst, M2
- Data Mart, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Population Health Operational Tracking and Optimization o System, Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS), Medical Expense and Performance
- Reporting System, Third Part Collections, Defense Pharmacy System, Radiology, and PACS, Automated
- Business Services System and Commanders’ Resource Integration System.
- Reviews health care delivery plans; identifies market forces, patient, and beneficiary demand, and other issues impacting MTF capabilities, access, and patient care compliance and/or quality of care and services. Projects and studies require analysis of inter-related issues of effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction during both peacetime and wartime.
- Researches and analyzes complex health care operations. Prepares presentations, project papers, staff, and biometric reports, and other medical administrative correspondence; delivers to senior MTF management.
- Uses business intelligence applications to extract, manipulate, format, and from various Government computer systems. May maintain metadata, or design basic databases.
- Notifies and directs professional staff and other medical administrative personnel regarding process, policy, and requirements.
- Using analytical skills and tested methodologies, conducts studies in support of various projects, program, processes, or initiatives covering all aspects of military health care activities. Projects may be complicated by regulatory requirements, long-range projections, and objectives, and/or political and economic uncertainties.
- Validates and implements MTF policy in support of hospital accreditation program and quality improvement efforts.
- Assists with the development of financial plans and budgets to execute health care activities and initiatives. Analyzes utilization of funds in collaboration with MTF management.
- Assists with preparations for facility construction, modification, and design activities. Research requirements to ensure an adequate patient care facility as well as a safe work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65,000.00 – $92,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- A minimum Active T-1 Basic Trust Security Clearance is required. Do you have an active clearance?
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply