When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $35 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Viral Vector Services (VVS) is a rapidly growing, dynamic gene therapy Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) that is seeking sharp individuals to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our employees are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We are looking for top talent with validated competencies and strong character to join our team and help lead our organization into the future.
How will you make an impact?
As a Warehouse/Distribution Manager, you will ensure that this new warehouse is led in a manner that improves operating efficiencies and is aligned with company policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices. Provide guidance, leadership, and training to direct reports.
Applying your understanding of warehousing and distribution services you will ensure the warehouse maintains its reputation for flexible, innovative service that exceeds client requirements by delivering a best in class operational culture through strategic development and continuous improvement of your areas of accountability. You will direct the warehouse operation teams to ensure fulfillment schedules and client target dates and deadlines are met, accurate and timely updates are made to the ERP/SAP systems. You will identify needs for technology, work with IT to design technological solutions and integration requirements and support the implementation of new technology and processes in the warehouse. You will partner with your VVS Logistics counterparts to effectively meet customers strategy & needs.
What will you do?
- Develop and drive a warehouse management strategy focused operational excellence and customer engagement that aligns with the Supply Chain strategy and overall business strategy
- Lead and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that will enable organizational vitality
- Ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources
- Develop and lead a high performing team and a culture of excellence. Instill a sense of urgency and accountability
- Motivate and develop a team focused on outstanding customer service.
- Promote a high-quality work culture to achieve maximum results
- Carry through the responsibility for regular management updates that affect both positively and negatively the overall health of the organization.
- Maintain the Warehouse and Distribution areas under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Perform analyses of a qualitative and quantitative nature and make operational recommendations with regard to forecasting and inventory efficiencies such as min/max planning
- Drive improved effectiveness of PPI process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards Work directly with leadership to ensure total VVS goals and objectives are being met.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining Standard Operating and ensure that all policies and procedures are followed accurately and efficiently.
- Engage with and coach distribution teams to ensure proper actions being taken to improve process results
- Define decision support/action-based tools to proactively identify and act upon supply chain issues such as poor service levels, shipments from secondary DC’s and stock-outs
- Partner with Quality to facilitate an FDA, GMP/PDMA compliant third-party distribution warehouse
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred with 5+ years’ experience. Logistics field preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in cGMP Warehousing and Distribution environment.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Experience in the Life Science and Healthcare industry preferred, ideally with a cGMP Warehousing and Distribution focus on Pharma.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge and validated execution of warehouse and operational management
- Business understanding of total supply chain/distribution/logistics concepts and ideas
- Analytics skills, with experience in Microsoft applications to support those efforts
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to support multiple business units
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize workloads with a structured, meticulous and methodical approach to working
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Click Here To Apply