Imperial Dade is the leading distributor of foodservice packaging, facilities maintenance supplies and equipment in the U.S. As a provider of customized supply chain solutions, the company serves customers in many business-to-business market segments including supermarkets, healthcare facilities, universities, and restaurants. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in New Jersey, Imperial Dade serves more than 65,000 customers through a footprint of 60+ branches.
Imperial Dade is in search of a Staff Accountant to join the finance team of our Dalco Division. This position will support the Manager of Financial Reporting with monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting. This position will also back up the Accounting and Finance team with various responsibilities. This is a salaried, exempt position working typical daytime hours located in New Brighton at our divisional headquarters.
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and corresponding journal entries.
· Prepare & update key scorecards and spreadsheets to provide Leadership with insight on the business’ key metrics. Includes weekly scorecards and daily flash report.
· Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling balance sheet accounts monthly.
· Reconcile local branch petty cash, assist will call with cash demands.
· Reconcile and record branch petty cash accounts.
· Use reporting tools (MITS, A+) and Excel to generate reports to support the sales, purchasing, and finance departments.
· Review and verify various monthly invoices, including monthly Billtrust fees, monthly credit card merchant fees, etc.
· Prepare and update various worksheets for management, including but not limited to: IT Consultant Expenses, Source One Reporting & Invoicing, MOTG (leased office equipment), CenturyLink phone allocation, etc.
· Record and maintain Fixed Asset additions and disposals and complete annual fixed asset audit.
· Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Assist with annual external audit.
· Ad hoc projects for management.
· Assist with documenting SOPs (standard operating procedures) for Finance team.
· Coordinate synchronization and updating of Dalco customer classes, item classes, and other data to be compatible with Imperial Dade reporting requirements.
· Maintain and regularly update Vendor POD Contract Rebates Receivable aging worksheet. Reconcile monthly to GL. Process vendor rebate credits as necessary.
· Assist with new vendor setup. Ensuring vendors provide all required documentation.
· Assist with proper P&< coding of accounts payable.
· Maintain vendor liability of insurance certificates.
· Process employee expense reimbursements via petty cash and/or input into AP system.
· Reconcile and code company credit card transactions.
· Scan Misc vendors & invoices into Max Recall.
· Prepare year-end AP records for storage and prepare next year’s AP file folders.
· Assist in reviewing, updating, and maintaining customer portals for invoice payments, including documenting work instructions for each portal.
· Assist in completing credit reference requests for customers.
· Assist in completing vendor supplier packets for new customers.
· Displays a courteous and helpful attitude in order to provide a positive experience for our internal/external customers and vendors.
· Promptly follows up with customers after complaint to ensure they are satisfied with the action that was taken.
· Regularly listens to customers in an empathetic manner, ensuring an understanding of questions, concerns and requests and their feeling associated with them.
· Recommend potential departmental changes and improvements.
· Assist all customer support departments in resolution of customer problems and satisfaction of needs.
· Seek input from employees, supervisors and other personnel involved with the job.
· The company may at any time change functions and requirements of the position to meet the needs of the business.
· Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
· Two or more years experienced in a corporate accounting setting.
· Highly proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets.
· Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
· Demonstrate good verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
· Balance and prioritize multiple requests.
· Capable and practiced in handling complex and/or multi-faceted tasks.
· Effective time management/ organizational skills.
· Basic math and reading skills. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
At Imperial Dade, we offer an exciting work environment and invite motivated and talented individuals with a passion for excellence to join our team. We value our people and strive to create rewarding career opportunities by offering competitive salaries and benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, and a generous Paid Time Off Package.
Imperial Dade is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Learn more at: https://imperialdade.com/Home/About
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How would you describe your skill level with Microsoft Excel?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Corporate accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply