Providence is offering $10,000 Bonus: $5000 sign on bonus and $5000 retention bonus (paid after one year) for new hires to Providence with at least one year of acute/hospital-based experience!
Providence is calling an Registered Nurse (RN) (Emergency Services, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE, 36 Hours per week) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a BSN or higher within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for Healthcare Providers at time of hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification within 12 months of hire.
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at Providence Holy Family Hospital
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing upon hire
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 317511
Click Here To Apply