Defines, develops, analyzes, and maintains new software applications and enhancements to existing software.
What you will be doing:
- Analyzes, designs, codes, and tests software programs and applications.
- Researches, designs, documents and modifies software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Collaborates with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing new software programs.
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving issues with software products or company systems.
- Analyzes and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Defines, develops, and documents business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications.
- Defines software development project plans, including scope, scheduling and implementation.
- Writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications accurately according to specifications.
- Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs to correct errors, isolate areas of improvement, and general debugging.
- Creates programming scripts to enhance functionality and performance of company applications.
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem items.
- Trains end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Install software products for end users as required
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior team members
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Supports published corporate policies.
- Performs additional assignments per management’s direction.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field required.
- 2+ years related experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of current IT technologies, desktop hardware, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office products required.
- Specialized Skills: T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, C#, Python, Power BI, Database Administration
Why work for us:
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Click Here To Apply