AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The candidate will work in a dynamic and diverse team environment to support technology transfer, process scale up and continuous improvement of fermentation processes used in active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturing.
- Provide technical support (product and process expertise) of manufacturing operations for fermentation processes. This includes a range of activities, from day-to-day manufacturing problem solving, managing productivity targets and maintain quality/regulatory compliance.
- Responsibilities include the design, execution of experiments to develop new fermentation process, develop robust lab/pilot scale processes, support scale-up fermentation and transfer of unit operations into manufacturing sites
- Author or participate in risk assessments and process validation.
- Provide technical expertise to support regulatory submissions.
- Interaction with Manufacturing, Quality, and CMC/Regulatory Affairs groups.
- Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related fields
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 3-5 years of experience, Master or PhD with 0-3 years
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Experience with industrial scale fermentation scale up, optimization and operations are highly desired
- Experience in designing lab scale microbial fermentation formats and scale-up to pilot/manufacturing scale.
- The candidate should have proven leadership experience and may be required to lead technical projects.
- The candidate should demonstrate a high level of scientific initiative in generating and implementing new ideas that are applicable for process improvement and/or troubleshooting.
- A good understanding of microbiology and biochemical principles, fermentation process scale-up and statistical methods is essential.
- Must have the ability to work in teams, communicate technical concepts clearly and be independently motivated. Additionally, scientific independent thinking and the ability to design/interpret experiments are critical.
- The candidate should be capable both in the lab and in a GMP manufacturing environment.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Click Here To Apply