The overall objective and purpose of the Director of Rooms position are to coordinate, supervise and direct the daily operations of the Rooms Division, including Housekeeping and Guest Services. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring guest and Grand Performer satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget and providing a wide range of management, administrative, and general support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Rooms Division in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company.
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the Housekeeping and Front Office department operations, ensuring implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands-on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising and directing the execution of service-related tasks to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Rooms Division.
- Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
- Maintain the integrity of our guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Create and distributes work schedules adequate for operational needs.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy, and monitor outcomes
- Oversee budget process for Rooms Division and control operating and labor expenses. Uses Peak Performance to optimize the guest service experience while operating within labor budget/occupancy levels.
- Create the guestroom occupancy forecast, manage the departmental budget and participate in P&L meetings.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the product, including room types, amenities, services, and brand standards
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions, and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Schedule and conduct effective daily stand- up meetings
- Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results, and other data; takes corrective action as appropriate
- Assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in his /her absence, acting as the Manager on Duty.
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader – Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement – Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment – Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high-level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage – Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans – Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment.
- Supervisory responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Housekeeping Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent – required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Experience with Opera – preferred
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane, or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time.
- 5 year(s): 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – requiredExperience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Technical/other training or better
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field
Click Here To Apply