Thank you for your interest in our Behavior Technician Position!
Attendant Care Autism Services is looking to grow our team! Our Behavior Technicians work directly with our clients providing ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Therapy. ABA therapy is used to increase language, communication, motor skills, social skills, attention, and daily living skills in order to help increase independence and quality of life for the individual’s we serve. We are currently offering services to individuals between the ages of 2 and 21 years of age.
Part-Time Positions Only
What does an ABA Behavior Technician (BT) Do?:
This role is a science-based practice that requires proper protocols to be implemented by creating and repeating many learning opportunities, called trials, and documenting the child’s progress and responses. Under proper supervision, prompting and positive reinforcement is used to help the clients we work with to develop skills that will help them to be as independent as possible doing things throughout their lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1:1 ABA Therapy in home, center and community based environments.
- Collect data to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the individualized treatment plan.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from supervisors regarding job performance.
- Take electronic data throughout the session while targeting different skills related to social, play skills, communication skills, and daily living skills (potty training, washing hands, etc)
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following established ACAS procedures.
- Perform other relevant duties as necessary as assigned by the Supervising Clinician and/or Manager of ABA Services.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
After training week you will be scheduled Part time based on your Availability and Clients’ needs.
- High school or equivalent
- Proof of most recent completed diploma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for working with children with disabilities
- Reliable transportation and valid driver license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, physical and background check.
- Willingness to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification
- Understanding of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and challenging behaviors.
- Working with children/adolescents preferred: 1 year (Preferred)
Candidates who are interested in/have experience in the following fields are especially encouraged to apply: psychology, sociology, counseling, behavioral sciences, social work, teaching, education, child development, caregiving, babysitting, nannying, therapy, etc.
Currently hiring in the following general areas: Macomb County, St. Clair County, Genesee County, and Saginaw County. Location may vary based on in-home or center based sessions. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply